cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else having massive problems with backup on OSX 10.7 "Lion"?

Alex Jacobs
Resident

Anyone else having massive problems with backup on OSX 10.7 "Lion"?

I've got 5 or 6 Mac Laptops (small company) running Lion, and the ONLY one that backs up properly is one that installed the beta version back when that was available in the knowledge base (I can no longer find it). The newer installs, off the website, all error out, or skip all files during backup.

Spent a good half-hour with a tech-support guy from Singapore on one of these machines. He tried many things, and eventually gave up and said he'd send it on to Engineering.

Anyone having similar issues? I really want to use Egnyte for our company laptop backup, but it's just not letting me.

11 Replies

Re: Anyone else having massive problems with backup on OSX 10.7 "Lion"?

Haven't tried Backup, but I can't run Egnyte Desktop at all.

0 Kudos
Community Manager Don David
Community Manager

Hi Alex, 

We found an issue with Egnyte Desktop/Backup on Lion. If you need to map a drive on your OS X Lion, please see the link below and follow the steps for Macs.  https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/entries/72415-manual-mapping-of-egnyte-file-server-for-xp-vista-windows7...

0 Kudos
Mike Schwengel
Resident

Yes, we are also having problems syncing properly from Mac.  For example, when we rename files on the local cloud, it creates new folders on the Egnyte server instead of simply renaming the folders as it should.  That is just one of the many problems we are experiencing.  To be honest, it has been one thring after another since we signed up and switched from Dropbox.  I was originally very optimistic about using Egnyte, but i'm concerned that if these problems don't get resolved soon I am going to have to find another solution.

0 Kudos
Employee rajesh ram
Employee

Mike

We have just released a new client that handles renames more efficiently instead of creating/deleting folder entirely.  It also requires some work to be done on your account from our side to enable this.  I will have our support team work with you to address this issue. Sorry for the challenges so far.  thanks, 

0 Kudos
Mike Schwengel
Resident

Thanks Rajesh - let me know what needs to happen to get this fixed. :)

0 Kudos
Employee rajesh ram
Employee

Mike - I will respond shortly w. next steps using the ticket you logged. thx, 

0 Kudos
Laura Prado
Resident

I have Lion and cannot use Mapdrive.  I tried the link above showing how to manually link on mac, but it did not work.  Any thoughts?  -Sherri

0 Kudos
Community Manager Don David
Community Manager

Hi Sherri - Please call our support line or submit a ticket and we can assist you with manual mapping of the drive for now. We are addressing the issue with Mapped Drive installation on Mac OS X Lion. 

0 Kudos
Adrian+Kuek
Resident

I just got hit with this problem on 21st Dec 2012. Obviously, no effort has been to fix such a fundamental issue for the last 2 years. I lost 2 folders containing hundreds of business-critical files just because I renamed the folders. I am using a Mac, so obviously the problem has not been fixed.

As if that were not bad enough, the support officers I have been talking to are claiming ignorance about this bug which has been in existence for who knows how long. Not constructive help has been given for 1 week other than saying they are 'waiting for engineering to reply'.

The activity log they had sent includes everything everybody else had done on the domain except for me, which is ridiculous given I was the person who had renamed the files. A new request for a log that includes my activities had been ignored for the past 4 days. It does seem to me to be a deliberate case of a cover-up.

Appears Egnyte is trying to disclaim responsibility for such cases and trying to simply sweep everything under the carpet.

I am currently documenting all instances of users who have experienced this problem and making a case that this cannot go on and that Egnyte has to be made accountable. 

For that, I would like to invite all users who have suffered from this problem to please contact me at  adrian@mindstretcher.biz.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos