cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are search filtering and tagging on the short term roadmap?

Jeremy Gruman
Vigilante

Re: Are search filtering and tagging on the short term roadmap?

Jump to solution

I'm interested in any updates on this as well.

Moderator Sagar

Jump to solution

Hi Jeremy,

Cara posted the following link referring to the metadata api:- https://developers.egnyte.com/docs/Metadata_API

You can also read about it from our helpdesk article: - 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/114094840191-Metadata-in-Egnyte 

Regards

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Jeremy Gruman
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Any updates on metadata search and ability to create metadata fields via the web UI?

In the article linked to by Sagar and Cara (over a year ago), it says:  Support for adding sections via the Web UI and metadata search is coming soon.

When will this be happening?

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @Jeremy Gruman, this is an old post and I see it never received a response. I'm so sorry about that!

Since then, we have added the ability to add and edit metadata for files and folders from the Web UI via Egnyte's Metadata API. You can read about it in this help article

Please let us know if you have further questions related to this. Also, you might check out this Idea submitted by the community for adding metadata to files. If this is more what you're looking for, I encourage you to click the thumbs up (kudo) to show support and add a comment if you want to specify your requirement. 

Best,
- Julie
PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos