cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there plans to add support for QNAP NAS devices?

Mandy Hayes
Resident

Are there plans to add support for QNAP NAS devices?

Jump to solution

We generally use QNAP NAS devices, as they are very robust and support iSCSi. Are ther any plans to support devices other than Netgera ReadyNAS?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Are there plans to add support for QNAP NAS devices?

Jump to solution

Hi Andy,

I am sorry, but there has not been much development on this front. We still stick with Netgear device for using Storage Sync. I will check with the product team if there are any moves being made to have Egnyte work with other set of NAS devices.

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
21 Replies
Highlighted
Mandy Hayes
Resident

Jump to solution

Is there anybody there?

0 Kudos
Filip Kesler
Resident

Jump to solution

While we think highly of QNAP's technical capabilities, we currently support OLC only NETGEAR ReadyNAS devices.

For customers for whom NETGEAR is not an option, we offer functionally identical and hardware-independent ELC, which runs on VMware's ESX or ESXi virtual machines.

We have not announced any plans to support other platforms.

0 Kudos
Tech Order
Resident

Jump to solution

FWIW, OLC has been great, but someone recently demo'd a qnap for me and the interface and capabilities seemed far beyond the readynas. Nothing against the readynas - i've been using them since they were Infrant. qnap just seems a superior product.

0 Kudos
Filip Kesler
Resident

Jump to solution

Thank you for your feedback.  We have not encountered scalability or usability issues with ReadyNAS devices deployed by our customers.  At this point customers who prefer not to use NETGEAR hardware have the option of deploying Egnyte on VMware on hardware of their choice.

0 Kudos
Tech Order
Resident

Jump to solution

i'm not suggesting there are performance issues with the readynas line, however the qnap management software is more flexible, easier to use, provides additional features, and the devices have significantly higher performance. I know the vmware deployment is an option - i'm just indicating that my preference for NAS would be to have an option of hardware available. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm also a QNAP user, as well as an Egnyte user. So please find here my request to support QNAP also.

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

Jump to solution

Oliver, thank you for highlighting your request.  It helps us continually assess the needs of our customers. 

0 Kudos
Tech Order
Resident

Jump to solution

Chris, any update on this? Some NAS choices would really inform our roll out strategy. 

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

Jump to solution

Hi Rich,

We are currently working on case-by-case basis with individual vendors, providing them our API to partner with.  Over the coming months, we'll begin to announce these partnerships.

0 Kudos