Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD - DWG files are lost when saving

Scott Foster1
Resident

Re: AutoCAD - DWG files are lost when saving

Rajesh,

Since I have been vocal on this issue, we would also like to participate.  Please send details on it.

Thank you for working towards a solution,

Scott

0 Kudos
Gregg Spadaro
Resident

Rajesh,

I just joined Egnyte last week and I am experiencing the same issue.  I discovered today that if you rename the created "ATMP" files to a .DWG extension, it restores the affected files.  Obviously this is just a temporary fix, so a more permanent solution is appreciated.  I  wanted to know if the fix that is in beta right now will be available for non-enterprise members that are running a PLC and/or mapped drive. If so, I would like to test it as well. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Employee rajesh ram
Employee

Scott, Gregg - I will have our support team send the beta build to you.  We have the build for OLC, ELC at this time and not yet for PLC.  PLC will follow next.

thanks

0 Kudos
John Lagasse
Resident

Rajesh,  As a former programmer I would expect that Egnyte could place a delay in its software that when a change is detected to a file Egnyte waits 5 or 10 seconds before trying to synchronize the file.  The MAIN issue here is the AutoCAD does a few procedures during a SAVE and Egnyte is grabbing and locking the file before AutoCAD is finished.  Depending on the file size and connectivity the Save could take a few seconds.

0 Kudos
Bruce Panting
Resident

Rajesh,

October 2nd 2012, I’ve update our NAS drive from Office Local Cloud version 6.7.8 to 7.4.0 (57225). Here is a list of issues I have come across after upgrading to this new build.

1. While accessing the .dwg working file I’ve noticed the associated .dwl and .dwl2 lock files do not copy to the cloud after synchronization.
  2. The collection of temporary files does not show on the cloud.
  3. The bad news is the original .dwg working drawing has disappearing from the cloud and a large number of associated .bak files are now showing up. I think if you are editing the file and do a save this would generate a .bak file that is newer then the one on the cloud and somewhere in this process the .dwg file gets deleted or renamed to a .bak file.
  4. I don’t see the .dwg file getting revisioned correctly.
  5. Another interesting issue is the owner specified for the file is not the one editing the file or the owner of the login of the NAS drive. It looks like it selects the owner as the last one in alphabetical order.

I know you have been working diligently to resolve this issue but I don’t feel 7.4.0 is ready for the big time yet.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Employee rajesh ram
Employee

Bruce - Thanks for trying the build and follow up details.  We will review your feedback and see how best to fix.

Rajesh

0 Kudos
Bruce Panting
Resident

Rajesh,

October 5, 2012, still running the 7.4.0 version of OLC on our NAS drive. The system is not as fluid as it was with version 6.7.8 but is a lot better than 7.3.0. Any “.dwg” files that have been edited since the update have lost any revisions associated to it on the cloud. There are many associated “.bak” files but the temporary files have settled down. How are things going on your side? I’m tempted to go back to 6.7.8 but I’m not anxious to have over 250 GB of data resynchronize.

Bruce

0 Kudos
Community Manager Don David
Community Manager

Hi Bruce, 

I'd like to reach out to you directly and will send a separate message. I would like to understand the requirements and the exact behavior of DWG files in your environment. 

0 Kudos

We too are experiencing autocad dwg files going "missing"  it seems like on a daily basis.

What is the proper step for us to take next?

0 Kudos
Jeremy Chupp1
Resident

Here are the workaround steps and settings we used to resolve our missing dwg files issue.  I have attached a screen capture of the changes we made to our AutoCAD settings. 

1. Open the options dialog box.
  2. Click on the “Open and Save” tab.
  3. Set the “Incremental Save Percentage” to zero.
  4. Un-check the “Create backup copy with each save” check box.
  5. Un-check the “Full-time CRC validation” check box.
  6. Un-check the “Maintain a log file” check box.
  7. Click “Apply”
  8. Click “OK”

We are currently running AutoCAD 2012 with Enterprise Local Cloud (7.2.6 r51701) and Office Local Cloud (7.2.6 (51669) at multiple locations and have not had the issue since.  Hope that helps!                       

0 Kudos