Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screen fix in Egnyte 3.3

dons88
Vigilante

Blue screen fix in Egnyte 3.3

Jump to solution

Hello, a number of our users have recently been getting random blue screens on Windows 7 and 10 devices. I noticed in the release notes for the latest version of Egnyte Connect 3.3 there is a note that 3.3 has a "Fix for blue screen errors caused by the Desktop App."

When user devices reach blue screen they recieve:

Stop code: Page_Fault_in_nonpaged_area
What failed: FLTMGR.SYS

Is this a known-issue with previous versions of Egnyte Connect for Windows or is this unrelated? I have currently deployed Egnyte Connect 3.3 to several users for testing, but most of our users are still using Egnyte 3.2, I'm trying to determine how quickly to move users over to 3.3.

Thanks for the help!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Blue screen fix in Egnyte 3.3

Jump to solution

Hello @dons88,

You are right. The version 3.3.0 had the fix for blue screen of death issues. This was not a known issue when the version 3.2 was released. However, as soon as the issue started spreading across users, our engineering team identified the issue and packed a fix for it in the next release. 

You can proceed with upgrading the Desktop App on the user machines. Should you see any issues with the v 3.3.0 please do report it to our support team via support@egnyte.com.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @dons88,

You are right. The version 3.3.0 had the fix for blue screen of death issues. This was not a known issue when the version 3.2 was released. However, as soon as the issue started spreading across users, our engineering team identified the issue and packed a fix for it in the next release. 

You can proceed with upgrading the Desktop App on the user machines. Should you see any issues with the v 3.3.0 please do report it to our support team via support@egnyte.com.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
dons88
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hi Sagar, thank you for your helpful response! I will start moving our users over to 3.3.0

0 Kudos