Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't scan to folder from our scanner

Highlighted
Deputy

Can't scan to folder from our scanner

Jump to solution

I'm able to login to Egnyte via our scanner using ftp, but I get error "no specified folder" on our scanner.  I've tried /Shared/Documents/scans, Shared/Documents/scans, Documents/scans, /Shared, /Shared/, Shared, and /Private.  What am I doing wrong?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Can't scan to folder from our scanner

Jump to solution

Hi @fatolepig,

Could you kindly confirm if 'foo' is your Egnyte domain in real or did you just provide it as an example ? I was looking up a few things for your domain, but could not find any user with your username or 'jdoe' in the user list. 

I also looked up the FTP settings for Konica-Minolta MFP (model C454) online and it looks like you are entering them correctly. From my experience, I feel it is best to contact our support team with this information. From what I know, they will try some combinations to see which one works best. Sadly I am unable to perform this via the forum. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @fatolepig,

The configuration of FTP on the scanner is the same as in: -

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637934-Upload-Files-Using-the-FileZilla-FTP-Client-...

Also please ensure that the user who is scanning via the scanner has atleast editor permissions to the folders where you are planning to scan. Shared/Documents/scans should ideally work. If it fails, do you mind sharing the scanner settings you have made on your scanner. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Deputy

Jump to solution

Yes, those are the instructions we used to setup the scanner.  According to our printer/scanner management company, we are logging in to Egnyte via ftp as that is the first thing the scanner does before the paper to be scanned goes into the scanner.  The paper comes out of the scanner, and then the error appears stating no folder specified.

We have tried Shared/Documents/scans, but get the same error.  Here are the settings for our Konica-Minolta MFP (model C454):

• protocol:  ftp
  • host:  ftp-foo.egnyte.com  ('foo' = our egnyte domain name)
  • password:  jdoe$foo  ('jdoe' = username; 'foo' = our egnyte domain name)
  • folder:  Shared/Documents/scans
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Deputy

Jump to solution

Forgot to mention that user 'jdoe' does have write access to that folder.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @fatolepig,

Could you kindly confirm if 'foo' is your Egnyte domain in real or did you just provide it as an example ? I was looking up a few things for your domain, but could not find any user with your username or 'jdoe' in the user list. 

I also looked up the FTP settings for Konica-Minolta MFP (model C454) online and it looks like you are entering them correctly. From my experience, I feel it is best to contact our support team with this information. From what I know, they will try some combinations to see which one works best. Sadly I am unable to perform this via the forum. 

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Deputy

Jump to solution

Thanks, Sagar!  Both 'foo' and 'jdoe' were examples, not our real username and domain.  I will contact your support team, so please close this ticket.  Thanks again!

0 Kudos