Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Co-Authoring with Egnyte and Microsoft Office Online: file size limits

Macninja
Steward

Co-Authoring with Egnyte and Microsoft Office Online: file size limits

Jump to solution

We have just discovered that there appears to be a file-size limit of 10mb when co-authoring with Egnyte and MS Office Online.  For our organisation, this pretty much makes co-authoring via Egnyte useless since we routinely work on files that are much larger than 10mb.  I wonder if this is a limit that can be raised or if there might be a work around?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Co-Authoring with Egnyte and Microsoft Office Online: file size limits

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to us. 

This issue had come up some time earlier with one of the Egnyte users. The Office 365 integration is the most seamless solution available for co-authoring (multi-user collaboration) with Microsoft Office files on Egnyte.

I understand the Microsoft imposed 10 MB limitation which can be very constricting, and in many cases, renders the feature unfeasible. Our Partner Integrations team has been pushing for this limit to be increased and/or removed for several months. However, Microsoft is ultimately the decision maker in honoring our request.

Our team will continue to ask about this limitation on a regular basis, and at the same time, they urge you to submit the same feature request to Microsoft to build more interest.

I will write back if there has been any change in this limit after checking this internally. 

Thanks

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to us. 

This issue had come up some time earlier with one of the Egnyte users. The Office 365 integration is the most seamless solution available for co-authoring (multi-user collaboration) with Microsoft Office files on Egnyte.

I understand the Microsoft imposed 10 MB limitation which can be very constricting, and in many cases, renders the feature unfeasible. Our Partner Integrations team has been pushing for this limit to be increased and/or removed for several months. However, Microsoft is ultimately the decision maker in honoring our request.

Our team will continue to ask about this limitation on a regular basis, and at the same time, they urge you to submit the same feature request to Microsoft to build more interest.

I will write back if there has been any change in this limit after checking this internally. 

Thanks

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jesse Sanford1
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Has there been any movement on this? It's been many months. This is a deal breaker for many users!

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Jesse Sanford1,

As you can see, our Product Integrations team has been pushing this for a while now. 

However, we would also encourage you as a user to report this to MS and vote for getting this limit removed. Egnyte as a service provider can request and attempt to make a push, but the major impact would be when the day to day users report this problem and the inconveneince caused to them. This should put some pressure on them to lift the limit. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Users online (184)
Top Solution Authors