Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing Sync Messages

Highlighted
David Haddad
Resident

Confusing Sync Messages

Please see a screenshot with comments showing warnings I often receive about file conflicts.  Please comment:

1. Why send out these alerts?  Meaning, if the slipped file is just temporary, why alert the admin at all?

2. Why don't subsequent logs show the file as being synced, yet clearly it is being synced because I can see it when I look in our folder structure.

3. Why are notifications settings so hard to find?  I'd like to turn these alerts off (if possible) but every time I want to change notification settings  have to consult your help manual to find it.  A "Notifications" section should be clearly labeled and easy to find.  Not buried under Settings > Configuration > Applications and other assorted places they are hidden.

Thank You

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Confusing Sync Messages

Hi David,

I will have the engineering team have a look at the points you mentioned. 

Regards

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Confusing Sync Messages

Hello @David Haddad,

This has been a very old post and we found that this did not get updated. Back when you had submitted this post, we had introduced the Storage Sync version 11.0. Since then, the Storage Sync app has improved. The issues you reported are no longer seen or reported by any other user.

We hope that you have upgraded the version of Storage Sync on your end. We expect that these issues no longer persists for you. If they still do, then we recommend you connect with our Support team at support@egnyte.com.

Thank you for your patience and co-operation.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos