cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Desktop app not working on MacOS Catalina

Fred Adkins
Vigilante

Connect Desktop app not working on MacOS Catalina

Hi, I’m running MacOS Catalina on a MacBook Pro and I get an error message saying to please upgrade to a newer version of Connect Desktop to run on this system. I have the latest, is there a beta version out there I’m not seeing? Thanks
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

Re: Connect Desktop app not working on MacOS Catalina

Hi @Fred Adkins 

Development is currently in progress for a Desktop App build with macOS Catalina compatibility. Unfortunately, macOS Catalina remains unsupported at this time, as the upcoming OS is still in Preview (beta) stage. 

Our Desktop App team is anticipating a client update release as soon as macOS Catalina makes it out of beta.

Regards,
Nars

DesignGroup
Vigilante

Curious, now that Catalina is out to the public, do you guys have a fix for the Desktop Sync app?

0 Kudos
Moderator bdawer

@DesignGroup  Thanks for your question.  

At this time we have determined that the reason behind Desktop Sync not working with Catalina could be Mac locked DS extensions, which have to be unlocked in the security tab.  Our DS team is aware of this problem, and we’re going to look for other examples of that on production, as we couldn’t reproduce this locally.

Please feel free to contact our Support team directly at support@egnyte.com if you need further assistance.
0 Kudos

Want me to bring my MacBook onsite next week and ya'll can look at it?  :-)

Hope this gets resolved soon!

0 Kudos
DesignGroup
Vigilante

Thanks for mentioning the security tab. I was able to go in and click allow. Now the desktop sync is up and running again. 

0 Kudos
AndreasNeft
Vigilante

Can you give more information on how to allow the extension through the security tab? 

0 Kudos

I've been trying things but it's not working.  "Installer files not found. Retry from the Install Disk."  I haven't had a disk drive for at least 13 years.  :-(

0 Kudos
Moderator bdawer

Good news @David Welliver , @Fred Adkins , @AndreasNeft , and @DesignGroup 

A new version of Desktop sync v9.5 is being released sometime today and should address all of your issues with DS and Catalina.  A new version of Desktop App is coming soon.  Please let us know if this new version addresses all of your concerns.

Employee KathleenHunt
Employee

Hello @David Welliver@Fred Adkins@AndreasNeft, and @DesignGroup,

Desktop App 3.5.2 for Mac has been released and is fully certified on macOS Catalina! Please upgrade to the latest version today.

Thank you,

Kathleen

0 Kudos