Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect File Size Limit for Syncing

Jarrod
Vigilante

Connect File Size Limit for Syncing

Jump to solution

We have a 10GB file size limit associated with our account.  I noticed that you can now open edit and save files up to that limit using Egnyte Connect.  Does the same apply to files that are sync'd for offline access as well?

I ask because at one point I was using Egnyte Connect and having issues with syncing.  I was informed that large files should not be sync'd for offline access.  I don't remember what the exact size limit was, but I haven't used the sync feature since then.

I would really like to use only one app for all of my access to Egnyte when I'm on the road and need to be able to sync file before I leave, while I'm away, and when I return.  Right now I'm using the Desktop App and Egnyte Connect.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Connect File Size Limit for Syncing

Jump to solution

Hi @Jarrod,

The Egnyte Connect Desktop App supports opening and editing individual files up to your plan's max file size limit so all of your files can be opened and edited.

So if you are using the latest version of the Desktop App i.e v3.0.0, then you should be able to accomplish what you mentioned in your initial post. Offline syncing such folders wil help a great deal in fulfilling your requirement.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Jarrod,

The Egnyte Connect Desktop App supports opening and editing individual files up to your plan's max file size limit so all of your files can be opened and edited.

So if you are using the latest version of the Desktop App i.e v3.0.0, then you should be able to accomplish what you mentioned in your initial post. Offline syncing such folders wil help a great deal in fulfilling your requirement.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jarrod
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Thanks for the feedback, Sagar!

0 Kudos
Users online (170)
Top Solution Authors