cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy sub-folders INCLUDING the permissions?

Highlighted

Copy sub-folders INCLUDING the permissions?

Jump to solution

Hello Egnyte Team,

One thing I like a lot on EGNYTE is, that everything is granular.

So I build up various sample folders with granular permissions for sub-folders, access rights etc. Certainly the parent folder or root folder does not have all these permissions and access rights what I created for the sample sub-folder.

When this sample sub-folder is copied to another folder and even within the same parrent folder, all earlier set permissions are lost.

How the folder owner (me) can copy this sample folder to a new folder without losing the all these permissions and access rights of this respective folder?

Other content provider (like box.com) they have a so called “template folder”, where any created folder (incl. permissions etc.) will become a template folder, which I like a lot.

Thanks for your valued feedback :-)

Werner

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Re: Copy sub-folders INCLUDING the permissions?

Jump to solution

Hi Werner,

We actually released a feature this weekend — Advanced Folder Copy — that will help accomplish some of this. Advanced Folder Copy will considerably expedites the process of manually recreating a template folder structure.
Follow the link below for more details.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/203668834

While you won't be able to copy the template folder's permissions with Advanced Folder Copy, you can still choose whether to inherit the destination folder's permissions or set up new permissions yourself. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Shyam

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Werner,

I believe I've responded to some of your other forum posts about template folders. I agree that this can be a very useful feature and it is something that we have considered for development. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on our roadmap. 

We appreciate your business,

Trey

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Werner,

We actually released a feature this weekend — Advanced Folder Copy — that will help accomplish some of this. Advanced Folder Copy will considerably expedites the process of manually recreating a template folder structure.
Follow the link below for more details.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/203668834

While you won't be able to copy the template folder's permissions with Advanced Folder Copy, you can still choose whether to inherit the destination folder's permissions or set up new permissions yourself. Hope this helps!

Regards,
Shyam

0 Kudos