Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creation of Special Netgear Storage Sync User

Greg Knight1
Vigilante

Creation of Special Netgear Storage Sync User

Jump to solution

We have a 25 user Business plan and run 2 Netgear OLC's.  Currently the Egnyte Account used to sync these devices is the one master Admin Account.  The Support team have just advised us that best practise is to create a separate Admin Account for OLC devices.  However, this means we have to consume a power account to allow the OLC to connect, and consume 2 accounts if we want a separate account for each.

So my request is that given there is a inbuilt cost of an OLC in the business plan, and we are paying extra for a 2nd OLC,  Egnyte should have a special OLC Admin account for each paid for OLC.   This would ensure we do not have to waste Power user licences for each OLC.  Another major benefit would be the second issue of password expiry on Power user accounts.  When those accounts expire we have to manually update the details on the Egnyte OLC interface on the NAS.

Thanks

Greg

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Creation of Special Netgear Storage Sync User

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

Thank you for writing to us. I see what you mean in the first point you made. However, there will be no advantage you would have in the 2nd point you mentioned.  

When a password rotation policy is set, please remember that this policy will apply to all users: admins, power users, and standard users. So updating and expired password is still something you will have to do manually on the Egnyte OLC interface on the NAS. 

The first change you suggested is something the Sales/Billing team would probably the best to decide on. I will make sure to pass it on to them right away. 

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Creation of Special Netgear Storage Sync User

Jump to solution

Hi Greg,

Thank you for writing to us. I see what you mean in the first point you made. However, there will be no advantage you would have in the 2nd point you mentioned.  

When a password rotation policy is set, please remember that this policy will apply to all users: admins, power users, and standard users. So updating and expired password is still something you will have to do manually on the Egnyte OLC interface on the NAS. 

The first change you suggested is something the Sales/Billing team would probably the best to decide on. I will make sure to pass it on to them right away. 

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos