Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Sync going away?

Mary Ann Wells
Vigilante

Desktop Sync going away?

Jump to solution

We have been using Egnyte Desktop Sync for many years and have very little problems with it. We use Dreamweaver, so connecting to our local HD and having it sync works great. What is going to happen when Desktop Sync is no longer available? We've tried DreamWeaver with Direct Connect and have encountered issues.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Drew Amador2
Resident

Re: Desktop Synch going away?

Jump to solution

Here is the link for windows configuration to set it up. Its now called Connected Folders

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026687112-Connected-Folders-on-the-Desktop-App

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Moderator bdawer

Jump to solution

Hi @Mary Ann Wells 

For issues with Dreamweaver, have you attempted the same workflows while syncing for offline access? To determine the exact nature of the issues you are facing, we recommend contacting support at support@egnyte.com with details of the issue if you haven't already done so.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Drew Amador2
Resident

Jump to solution

The new egnyte connect tool will do the same as desktop sync, you just have to configure it to do so with some command line

Highlighted
Mary Ann Wells
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Thanks, I've signed up for the upcoming webinar on Direct Connect so, hopefully, I'll find out how to save the files locally and then have them sync.

0 Kudos
Drew Amador2
Resident

Jump to solution

Here is the link for windows configuration to set it up. Its now called Connected Folders

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026687112-Connected-Folders-on-the-Desktop-App

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Mary Ann Wells
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Thanks, but this is just way too confusing. We may have to use DropBox for our website development (DreamWeaver doesn't appear to have any problems with DB.)

The problem with direct connect is the blocking. If I create an image and export it to the website folder - it's fine the first time. Then I make an "adjustment" on the image and export it again to overwrite the one I just sent, and it won't over-write it. Says I don't have permission to write to this folder.

The ideal situation is to have a copy of the website folders on my hard drive and then have them sync at some point in time like Local Cloud does.

0 Kudos
Mary Ann Wells
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Oh, I may have a workaround. I had scheduled my sync for every 5 hours or so - so I just went in and set it to "No scheduled syncs" - then I should be able to manually sync it when I need to. Any reason why that might not work?

0 Kudos
Mary Ann Wells
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Thanks, I have an appointment with Egnyte Support for tomorrow who is going to help me set this up

0 Kudos