Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egnyte Desktop Connect App causing problem with Windows Explorer

Highlighted
Deputy

Egnyte Desktop Connect App causing problem with Windows Explorer

Jump to solution

When I install Egnyte Connect Desktop App on my Windows 10 PC, I can no longer see thumbnails of photos in Windows Explorer. When I uninstall ECDA, I can see the image thumbnails again. Why is ECDA blocking image thumbnails and is there a setting that would fix that problem?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Deputy

Re: Egnyte Desktop Connect App causing problem with Windows Explorer

Jump to solution

I have replied twice to this post but my reply is not showing. Once again, it may be a conflict between Dropbox Desktop Sync and Egnyte Connect Desktop but I haven't had a chance to uninstall DB Sync to test it. The experimental version of Egnyte Connect has solved the problem for me except that it gets wiped out when the software auto-updates. I had to get our Admin to change the company-wide settings for manual updates to prevent that so I don't have to keep re-installing the fix.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Vigilante

Jump to solution

I am not an Egnyte expert, but I would guess that you can't view thumbnails in Egnyte folders because it blocks the Thumbs.db.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @John Rives 

Desktop App is not designed to interfere with Thumbnails operation, both inside and outside of Egnyte folders. It sounds like Explorer.exe is running into some sort of limitation or conflict. This typically happens when multiple File Sharing, or general desktop applications that utilizes Shell Icon Overlay exist on the system.

Nonetheless, I highly recommend reaching out to our Support team at support@egnyte.com for live troubleshooting assistance with this issue.

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Deputy

Jump to solution

I have replied twice to this post but my reply is not showing. Once again, it may be a conflict between Dropbox Desktop Sync and Egnyte Connect Desktop but I haven't had a chance to uninstall DB Sync to test it. The experimental version of Egnyte Connect has solved the problem for me except that it gets wiped out when the software auto-updates. I had to get our Admin to change the company-wide settings for manual updates to prevent that so I don't have to keep re-installing the fix.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos