Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egnyte Desktop Sync failing frequently on Windows 10

Server Admin14
Resident

Egnyte Desktop Sync failing frequently on Windows 10

Jump to solution

Is anyone else having issues with Egnyte Desktop Sync randomly stop working (happens at least once a week) on Windows 10? The only resolution I have so far is to run an update from the Apps section of the website or to uninstall and reinstall then resynchronize all directories which takes forever. It happens occasionally on older operating systems but I've noticed that the program stops syncing and is unable to access the 127.0.0.1:8806 directory where you can configure sync and account settings quite frequently. 

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Egnyte Desktop Sync failing frequently on Windows 10

Jump to solution

Hello,

We recommend you upgrade the Desktp Sync application to the latest version i.e v9.0.2. If you do not have it yet, you get grab the link from the link below: - 

https://egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com/desktopsync/win/en-us/9.0.2/EgnyteDesktopSync_9.0.2_g931574a8.msi

If things are already behaving randomly as you mentioned, I encourage you to log a support ticket at support@egnyte.com

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

We recommend you upgrade the Desktp Sync application to the latest version i.e v9.0.2. If you do not have it yet, you get grab the link from the link below: - 

https://egnyte-cdn.egnyte.com/desktopsync/win/en-us/9.0.2/EgnyteDesktopSync_9.0.2_g931574a8.msi

If things are already behaving randomly as you mentioned, I encourage you to log a support ticket at support@egnyte.com

Regards

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Server Admin14
Resident

Jump to solution

The issue has continued in various environments with Desktop Sync (Windows 7, Windows 10, Antivirus on/off). Usually the support request is returned with 'submit logs via support ticket' but this is impossible because when the error occurs the localhost address: 127.0.0.1:8806 is not accessible. The only way to submit the logs is via the help portal from that localhost address but it will not launch, unless it is possible to pull the logs from a system folder and attach via email. This has been months with the same conditions on multiple machines/environments.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the problems you are facing with the Egnyte Desktop Sync. I would encourage you to continue the support ticket. The technician can pick up the necessary data and escalate it to the next level support or the engineering team, whichever is helpful.

Regards

Sagar

0 Kudos
Ryan Erickson
Resident

Jump to solution

I have been experiencing the same issue with one of my users for the past few weeks. The sync service stops and the management page is not accessible. OS is windows 10. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of desktop sync. Most of my users are using Egntye Drive, which I am not having issues with, but Sync is more ideal for this situation. 

0 Kudos
Server Admin14
Resident

Jump to solution

I have been noticing the same. I thought the new update addressed it but users are reporting the same issue where Egnyte prompts to quit and restart which does not help the problem. We are about to pull our clients from Egnyte because the problem will not go away and I cannot continue to submit logs and reinstall the app daily to keep it working. Situation is embarrassing. 

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Gentlemen,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused due to the Desktop Sync application. The reason we suggest to submit the logs is to find where things are going wrong. Is the OS fiddling with the application or is the application acting upon certain Operating System. I would still encourage you to submit the logs to the support team so that they can grab as much information as possible.

I will be writing to the Product Team about your feedback. Thank you for your time and patience. 

Regards

Sagar

0 Kudos
Server Admin14
Resident

Jump to solution

Sagar where the disconnect is is that the actual logs are not possible since the URL: 127.0.0.1:8806 is not accessible to generate any logs. When reinstalling the software the new logs that exist are not relevant to the issue anymore because the software starts working again. Surely Egnyte support has seen/reproduced this issue in testing. I understand it is not your fault but as a reseller it is incredibly frustrating.

0 Kudos