cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egnyte Turbo at Field Offices/Jobsites

Highlighted

Egnyte Turbo at Field Offices/Jobsites

Hey all, Does anyone have experience configuring Egnyte Turbo for remote sites? I am thinking of replacing our Storage Sync appliances with Egnyte Turbo devices. I like the global file locking, the cloud authentication (so I don't need a VPN tunnel back to a domain controller), and the fact they can use the same drive as everyone else to access data. Right now we are just using Netgear ReadyNAS devices for the Storage Sync Appliances. The configuration is a bit more complicated for Turbo due to the requirement to deploy a VM on top of ESXi or HyperV. I was thinking of just deploying a workstation with Windows 10 pro and utilizing the included licensing for a single virtual machine, but I was wondering if anyone else out there is looking to do something similar and has a slick configuration for this. :)

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: Egnyte Turbo at Field Offices/Jobsites

Apologies for the block of text. The forum software seems to hate my paragraph tags for some reason right now.
0 Kudos
Retired Employee vikramjayaraman
Retired Employee

Hi Andrew

We do not have support for Turbo on Windows 10, you would have to deploy Windows 2012 R2 with Hyper-V to deploy Turbo. Happy to get on a call and discuss this further if needed.

Thanks

Vikram

0 Kudos

That would be excellent. Would love to build it on something that doesn't require additional Windows Server licensing.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Andrew,

The product guide and the installers can be found in the link below: - 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000197372-Download-Turbo-Installers

Should you need any assistance deploying Turbo, you can always file a support ticket and have a technician on call to assist.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos