Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Egnyte user cannot map ELC drive from ReadyNAS

Zimmfor
Vigilante

Egnyte user cannot map ELC drive from ReadyNAS

Hello,

We have an Egnyte user that is configured like every other user. They can log in to our online Egnyte portal (domain.egnyte.com) and can use the Egnyte Drive (Egnyte Connect) on their computer. 

Our Egnyte syncs with the ELC folder on our ReadyNAS. When in the office users connect to the ReadyNAS ELC folder instead of the Egnyte Drive. We have the Egnyte Drive setup for remote access when working outside the office.

The user cannot map the ELC drive from the ReadyNAS to his computer with the same credentials he can use for online and Egnyte Drive. The error message says he doesn't have permission.

Again they are set up like every other use and are the only ones having an issue. 

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Moderator Hari_Krishnan

Re: Egnyte user cannot map ELC drive from ReadyNAS

Hello Zimmfor,

When a user maps a drive letter to the ReadyNAS, they are authenticated either locally (ReadyNAS account) or through Active Directory if you AD-bind your ReadyNAS. These credentials are different from the Egnyte cloud credentials for that user. You might want to start there.

That said, I highly recommend that you consider Turbo for the scenario you've described. Turbo is our next-gen hybrid solution that greatly simplifies end-user access. This user will have just a single drive letter mapped by Desktop App. When she's at work, Desktop App drive letter automatically connects to the Turbo device. When she's at home, the same drive letter connects to the cloud. She requires only a single set of credentials that you can manage from the cloud. An additional small benefit is that your users will get global file locking ;-)

0 Kudos
Zimmfor
Vigilante

Thank you for your reply.

The user is able to access other folders on the ReadyNAS. My understanding was that the ELC folder permissions are set in Egnyte?

0 Kudos
Moderator Hari_Krishnan

That's right. Folder permissions are set through Egnyte Web UI. So the users can access the folders to which they have access from within the ELC namespace

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Zimmfor
Vigilante

All the permissions are set up correctly. I have checked the account is syncing with our ReadyNAS. I was able to map the drive with the same credentials to my computer, so the issue has been traced back to their computer. Their computer will not map the drive, I have tried everything. 

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Users online (179)
Top Solution Authors