cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors 2503 and 2502 installing Egnyte Webedit on Win10 Pro machines

Steve Polson
Vigilante

Errors 2503 and 2502 installing Egnyte Webedit on Win10 Pro machines

While installing Webedit on any new Win10 Pro machine we are getting error codes 2503 and 2502. We have worked with support who suggested dropping installer into c:/Windows and then installing from a Command Line in elevated privelages. This remedied the Egnyte Connect problems, but Webedit still fails except under an Administrator login on the PC. Standard users getting on the machine after primary install cannot access the program even when folder is shared. Attempting to install under the Standard user profile in elevated mode does not remedy the problem.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

Re: Errors 2503 and 2502 installing Egnyte Webedit on Win10 Pro machines

Hi @Steve Polson -- would you be able to share your use case to warrant the need to have both WebEdit and (Egnyte Connect) Desktop App installed? Typically, WebEdit is used for Standard Users with restricted access to our Desktop Application offerings.

Thank you,
Nars

0 Kudos
Steve Polson
Vigilante

We have different levels of users here that may use the same terminal. The influx of temporary users whom we only give Standard User capability is the reason for the load of both. Also, several departments prefer the Web Portal over the mapped drive even though they are Power Users.

Every new PC is loaded with both to accommodate this structure.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Nars_Support
Retired Employee

Thank you for the additional details @Steve Polson. While we do not officially support Terminal Server Environments with Desktop App, I'll need to check if the same supportability policy applies to WebEdit. 

I'll keep you posted as soon as I hear back from Products.

Regards,
Nars

0 Kudos