Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP Setup for Toshiba eStudio

Highlighted
Vigilante

FTP Setup for Toshiba eStudio

Hi there,

We have a Toshiba eStudio Multi printer. We use it several times a day to scan files and those files are currently being saved on a computer in our network. We recently upgraded to Windows X and now the printer fails to consistently connect with the network. I thought that maybe Egnyte could help.

I set up the transfer in the printer's admin as FTP using the Egnyte credentials and, though it connects, it says that the "parameter is invalid". I've tried several fixes (to my knowledge's extent anyway) and could not solve the issue.

I'm attaching a screenshot of the settings. If anyone could help I would really appreciate it. We scan many documents a day and this is really slowing us down.

Thanks!

Andreas

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: FTP Setup for Toshiba eStudio

Hi @Andreas,

The credentials format and the FTP server name look good in the screenshot. These settings are majorly dependent on how the printer interacts with the FTP service. 

I suggest you try playing with the Network Path format in the settings. Try changing them to see if that helps or you can check the printer manual to see if there is an set format mentioned. 

We will also wait to see if any of our community members have faced this problem and came out with a solution

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vigilante

Hi Sagar,

So far, I have not been able to fix my connectivity issue. I had a screen-sharing session with one of your guys and he said I had to contact our printer technician to figure out the network path. I did and the technician ran a ping on the hostname and he said the hostname timed out. Which means the printer can't find the hostname due to a resolving issue. He said that if we get the actual address for our ftp server it would solve the issue.

When I brought up this idea to the gentleman that helped me, he said you guys block pinging your hostnames for security reasons.

I also tried dragging the folder in my computer where the scans go to the desktop sync to see if that worked and the printer can't find the path. I tried changing the Read-Only setting but it keeps resetting itself to Read Only.

There's gotta be a way for us to connect the printer directly to the Egnyte cloud. Is it possible for us to get theIP address for our FTP server?

We scan a lot every day and we were excited to get Egnyte and having the ability to save the scans on the cloud automatically. Please, help us resolve this issue. There has GOT to be a way!

Thanks!

Andreas

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hello @Andreas,

Have you tried conneting to Egnyte FTP via any client ? You should be able to get the FTP IP address in the FTP logs when the client attempts to connect to the Egnyte servers. I suggest you try using Filezilla and get the details you need from the logs. 

Here, this should help:

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637934-Upload-Files-Using-the-FileZilla-FTP-Client-...

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vigilante

Hi Sagar,

I figured out what happened. On the Egnyte settings, "Use only secure FTP connection" is Enabled by default. I changed my printer settings from FTP to FTPS and now it works.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Superb. Glad to know that you got this working. Thank you for the update. 

0 Kudos