cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filezilla reports error

Highlighted

Filezilla reports error

My client get this message when trying to connect with Filezilla:

Filezilla reports: 451 You are encountering high 300 consecutive failures. Please resolve the issue and try again after 15 minutes.

Any ideas anyone? Are there any special settings in filezilla he need to check?

9 Replies

Re: Filezilla reports error

Can this be related to number of active connections? Is there a maximum limit of simultaneus connections?

0 Kudos
Domenic Bianco
Resident

I am getting this message from Filezilla.

tatus: Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...

Response: 451 Cannot connect. You have reached maximum allowed simultaneous connections 4 per user.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

This seems to be happening coz there are too many users logged on to the server. Please follow the steps below: -

To change the Per site max concurrent transfers

1] Tools > Global Options > Connection

2] Change the Per site max concurrent transfers to 2.

Once done, try connecting to the FTP and then try.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
David Kauffman
Resident

I am having the same problem now as well. 

Response: 451 Cannot connect. You have reached maximum allowed simultaneous connections 4 per user.

In addition I am getting the following as well. Quite flakey using FTP 

Could not read from socket: ECONNRESET - Connection reset by peer

New to Egnyte to a bit disappointed in standard ftp upload being a problem

0 Kudos
Employee rajesh ram
Employee

David - Can you please log a ticket through the helpdesk and our support team can help. thx

0 Kudos
Jed Frechette
Resident

I was encountering similar problems using FTPS/FTPES with Filezilla. Cryptic errors that didn't seem to indicate the real problem, only being able to transfer small files, etc. Googling seemed to indicate that some of these may be related to Filezilla bugs in TLS handling.

Its not much of a solution if you aren't on Windows but I switched to FTPRush and everything started working fine. 

0 Kudos
Ken Bailey
Resident

We are unable to FTP as well ... we get

Filezilla reports: 451 You are encountering high 300 consecutive failures. Please resolve the issue and try again after 15 minutes.

We have tried 3 other clients as well.   BTW your video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSouztvWp4g&list=UU5oFQ_vxNY4NcmBqdo-3JPA&index=3&feature=plcp

shows the users name as user@domain and your documentation shows user$domain

can you get back with a response...if we can;t get this working we'll have to move off.

0 Kudos
Terese Newman
Resident

OH I AM SO FRUSTRATED! I keep getting the same message: 451 you are encountering high 300 consecutive failures. Please resolve the issue and try again in 15 minutes. - However, I am on a Mac OSX, there are NO OTHER users that are using the account. I'm using Filezilla since I have thousands of files to upload. It is SO SLOW but this is the recommended method. I have so much client material to place on the cloud, but it's taking too long. Every time I try to upload files in batches, I encountered the dreaded "451" message. HELP. I really really need help! Please.

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

Hi Terese,

Sorry to hear about your frustration.  Here are a few things to try:

1. Please double check the FTP article here to ensure you've entered all the login parameters correctly

2. Note that there is a transfer limit of 5000 files per folder when using FTP

3. Sometimes security software or other configurations on your local network can impact FTP connections. To confirm this, try FTP on a different network

If all the above don't answer your problem, please submit a helpdesk ticket so we can look into the issue even further.

Best,  Chris

0 Kudos