cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Lock

Amy Shalom
Resident

Folder Lock

Ability to lock a folder to disallow move, rename, and delete action for a folder. The users should still be allowed to edit and delete files inside the folder that was locked.

9 Replies
Retired Employee Emily Ganz1
Retired Employee

Re: Folder Lock

Hi Amy,

Our products team is discussing your suggestion and I will let you know when we have an estimated time of release. Thank you and please let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions!

Emily

0 Kudos
Denis Emond
Resident

has this option been added

0 Kudos
Employee rajesh ram
Employee

Denis - This feature has not yet been added, its still in our future roadmap for consideration. thanks,

0 Kudos

would love this

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chris34
Resident

Hi Chris,

Thanks for highlighting your interest in this function. It helps us prioritize our feature development

0 Kudos
Ronn Koester
Resident

We also would really like this feature. Because of timing delays in the local cloud, sometimes the users complete multiple clicks when selecting a folder or file. Windows interprets this as a "move" command. Then we have to go back into Egnyte and move the folder back. When it is a folder directly under the Shared folder, all the permissions are reset.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hi Ronn,

This is the first time that we have heard of that particular issue (Windows interprets clicks as move command). We are going to investigate, but your interest in the folder lock feature is noted. 

Thanks for your business,

Trey

0 Kudos
Richard Yancey
Resident

For my clients the primary reason for this issue is accidental folder moves by users on PLC mainly.  A user accidentally moves the folder and then back again and it sends all other PLC connected users systems into a full day of updating, etc.  

When we do this on a standard file system it is not an issue, but with the inherent latency of PLC it can be a giant mess.

I have seen this many times, and adding this capability would be very valuable.

Rich

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hey Rich,

Would it be possible for you to give your users the "Editor" permission for those folders? They would be able to edit the files contained in the folder without moving, deleting, or editing the list of people able to access the folder. This helpdesk article gives you more information on the subject.

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/entries/21652247-Sharing-Folder-Access

Trey

0 Kudos