Did you mean: 

Folders' tree

Highlighted
Mario Braz1
Vigilante

Folders' tree

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a folders' tree and users with full access on their respective areas. However, I would like to preserve the tree's structure, not allowing users e.g. to drag one folder into another by mistake.

Kind regards

Mário

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Folders' tree

Jump to solution

Hello @Mario Braz1,

I am glad to know that my post helped in your situation. 

As for this setting, it is not enabled by default. An admin might want to restrict this setting only to a certain folder and still allow deletion folder other folders. In such case inhertiance does not help. So admins or folder owners must allow this setting on a per-folder basis. This setting is not inherited by sub-folders.

I hope this answers your question. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
5 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Mario,

Access on Egnyte is controlled by the permissions the users have on respective folders. Along with permissions there is one more access control which can be exercised by the admin to control accidental deletes and moved. Please review the link below to understand this feature. 

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637784-Configure-Folder-Details-and-Options#h_92c11...

I hope this helps. Feel free to write to us if you have more questions.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Mario Braz1
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Thank you Sagar, that helped a lot! Do I have to go and define that option on each folder or there is a way to define it for a group of folders?

Regards

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Mario Braz1,

I am glad to know that my post helped in your situation. 

As for this setting, it is not enabled by default. An admin might want to restrict this setting only to a certain folder and still allow deletion folder other folders. In such case inhertiance does not help. So admins or folder owners must allow this setting on a per-folder basis. This setting is not inherited by sub-folders.

I hope this answers your question. 

Thanks.

Mario Braz1
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hi,

While getting to the work of changing folder property under folder details, in order to restrict the possibility of move/delete to owners and administrators, I realized that I have 27333 folders. If I would limit this change to 3 subfolder levels, there would still be 3521 folders on hand.

For this reason, I will be happy to hear about a solution to make this change to a group of folders in a row, as the folder-per-folder approach is too burdensome.

Thank you

Mário

0 Kudos
Community Manager JulieMullins
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi @Mario Braz1, you've raised a good point. It would be best if you raised this idea in our community's Ideas section in order to get the input of other community members and to get it in front of our products team.

Please post it there so you can also track the status of your idea with our products team.

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
0 Kudos