cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Private folder of Power users

Michael Snell
Resident

Hide Private folder of Power users

I was looking for advice on how to setup the folder structure for our office local cloud.

Currently on our Windows Server we have a users folders where each user has their personal private folders. However some users share access to their users folder with other users in the company which can easily be setup with windows permissions.

However in the office local cloud setup, you cannot grant access to a users private folder to other users.

Will this ever change to allow an administrator to grant access to private folders to other users?

Therefore i had planned on creating a users folder under the 'Shared' root folder (instead of using the 'Private' folders) and therefore i can grant access to multiple users using the permissions.

I just feel that when users connect using the web interface they will get confused by the private folders (since there will be no files in them)

Is there a way to hide the private folders from power users? I would rather just have it not show when they log in via the web interface but i don't think that is an option. Perhaps a feature you can add?

34 Replies
Retired Employee Emily Ganz1
Retired Employee

Re: Hide Private folder of Power users

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the suggestion. At the moment, there is no way to hide the Private folders. Please let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions!

Best,

Emily

0 Kudos
Keith Piercy4
Resident

I would like to see the addition of this feature as well.  Especially for users that primarily use FTP.

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

Hi Keith,

We've started a conversation internally with the engineering team about private folder access/visibility controls.  At this point it's too early to confirm what our actions will be based on roadmap priorities, but your suggestion is good and we will look into it further

0 Kudos

We also need the ability to turn off/hide private folders for power users.

0 Kudos
Geoff Sokoll
Resident

I would also like the ability to turn off/disable/hide the private folders.

0 Kudos
Ian Whilden
Resident

I would also request this feature. Ideally I would like to switch of the ability to use private folders for specific Power Users. I don't want all users being able to have Private folders.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I would also like to request the ability to turn off/disable/hide the private folders.

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

Hi Omar,

Thanks for highlighting your request.  We are continuing to look at this possibility for our future roadmap.  Your request helps us prioritize the release of new features.

Best, Chris

0 Kudos
Nicola Fusco
Resident

I would like the ability to turn off/disable/hide the private folders. Please.

It is not correct for the administrator to see all of them and of course not all users needs to have it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos