Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Private folder of Power users

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Re: Hide Private folder of Power users

Nicola,

Can you help me better understand your request? Would you want a feature where a power user might have private folders which only he could see (i.e., not even administrators could view), or do you just want the ability to turn-off the private folders so that users below the admin. can't see them?

Trey

0 Kudos
Nicola Fusco
Resident

I would like that administrator can't see Private folders of all users by default, but only if it is necessary.

I also would like that for some users the possibility from administrator to hide/remove Private folder.

Retired Employee

OK thanks Nicola.

We are going to be rolling out a new set of features that will allow role-based permissions for administrators. Among other things, this will address your first concern. You'll be able to create multiple tiers of admin users, some of whom will not be able to view every private folder in the system.

We've also been contemplating your second session: disabling private folders for certain users.

Thanks for your input, please subscribe to our announcements so that you can stay up-to-speed on our new features.

Trey

0 Kudos

We also would like the ability to hide the Private folders from some users. Some of our users will accidentally put items meant to be in the Shared folder in the Private folder instead and then they wonder why nobody can see what they think they've shared.

0 Kudos
Stefanie Ray
Resident

I see that Trey with Egnyte mentioned back in September about rolling out new features to allow role-based permissions for administrators--inlcuding privae folders being "private" even at the admin level and I was wondering when the anticipated release date will be for this? How will we be notified when this does take place?

Thanks, Stefanie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee

Stefanie,

You can learn about new product releases in the "What's New" section of our Helpdesk.

Trey

0 Kudos

Trey, has this feature already been implemented as announced earlier?

thanks for your reply.

Werner

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hi Werner,

We haven't built it out yet, but I will record your comment as a feature request for this. We often prioritize features based on the volume of comments received on these forums.

Thanks for your patience and for taking the time to leave a product request.

Trey

0 Kudos

For the record: Me too...

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hi Jonathan, thanks for your feedback. I do track the number of people who have posted on this subject, so I'll add you as a "+1."

0 Kudos