cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Private folder of Power users

Yehuda .1
Resident

Re: Hide Private folder of Power users

Hi - to add here. I'm ad admin on our account and would also like to know how or if we can hide the private folders or at least set a cap at how much info a user can put in there. I don't want to confuse users like other people here (so hiding would be great). I also would want to limit this (in case a user accidentally dumps a lot of info here and it takes up space on our company account).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hello Yehuda,

Thanks for your comment. Many customers have asked for an ability to both turn off private folders and set storage quotas for users. I will note your comment as a request for both. 

We appreciate your business,

Trey

0 Kudos

Not sure if the question was asked in this way, but can I hide my private folder from admin?  Can it truly be private even to admin?

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hi,

This is not currently possible, but it's something that is on our roadmap. I'll post back here when I have more information to share.

Thanks for using Egnyte.

Trey

0 Kudos
Emilio Robau
Resident

Here is another vote on hiding the private folders.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ian Whilden
Resident

Do you have a date when this feature is likely to be implemented, as this thread is coming up on three years old, which I have to say is a little too long for something that should be an easy fix. I know you say it's part of your road map and it's planned, can you share the road map and give some idea on timings.

As with all development requests for Egnyte, which there are many, we as a user base can wait extra time only if we know an idea of timescales. Without any idea on time of delivery it makes it difficult in the Enterprise environment.

I hope you are able to share the 'roadmap' so we can plan our 2014 year.

thanks

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hello Emilio and Ian,

Thanks for your comments on this; we appreciate the feedback. This is something that we eventually want to do, but we don't plan to deliver it in the short-term (next few months). 

I will note your comments as +1s for the feature, and will update this forum if I have any additional information.

Trey

0 Kudos

Add me to the list of Admins who want to hide private folders ASAP.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback. As Trey mentioned, developing this feature is not on our short-term roadmap.

I'll forward this onto our product team, but it would help if you can provide some context on why this is important for your organization. Are you looking for the ability to remove private folders from the account altogether? Or are you more concerned with Admin users' visibility over these folders?

• Shyam
0 Kudos

We can control access to files with the rights allowed in the shared folders and have absolutely no need for the private folders. They only serve to confuse new users and are a temptation for others to attempt to hide personal files that have no business on the server. To be honest the inability to remove private files was almost a deal breaker for our executive committee, but we were assured that the ability to remove them was in the works when we signed up December 2012. Now 14 months later there is still no way to remove or hide them.

0 Kudos