cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Stand By Device

Hot Stand By Device

Jump to solution

Hi,

is it possible to have a second NAS as a hot/warm spare on standby with a running Egnyte keeping that 2nd NAS current?

So in case something happens to the main NAS drive mapping could be changed to the 2nd NAS.

Of course, this should only require only one license of Egnyte Storage Sync as only one NAS can be used by the users.

I know from other services/devices they have a setting to mark a device as hot/warm spare.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Hot Stand By Device

Jump to solution

Hi Axel,

You can run 2 NAS devices in parallel. The 2nd NAS device will only be upto date if it is syncing constantly to your Egnyte Cloud Server. As far as I know, this is how Egnyte functions as of now.

This means that it will use up 2 licenses of Storage Sync. Once for the NAS in production and the other one for the NAS which will act as the spare one on Standyby.

I hope this answers your question. 

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Hot Stand By Device

Jump to solution

Hi Axel,

You can run 2 NAS devices in parallel. The 2nd NAS device will only be upto date if it is syncing constantly to your Egnyte Cloud Server. As far as I know, this is how Egnyte functions as of now.

This means that it will use up 2 licenses of Storage Sync. Once for the NAS in production and the other one for the NAS which will act as the spare one on Standyby.

I hope this answers your question. 

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos