cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I delete folders?

Tom Elle
Resident

How do I delete folders?

I am consolidating old files into one folder - the old folders (now empty) remain. I need to delete these empty folders - do not see method or process for this.

11 Replies
Employee rajesh ram
Employee

Re: How do I delete folders?

Thomas - Assuming you are the admin and have full permissions you should be able to select a folder using the checkbox to the left and choose Delete from the menu.  Do you not see this option?  thanks, rajesh

James Koop
Resident

Have 2 empty Folders under FTP and cannot Delete them.  Delete option is greyed out and cannot be clicked to delete.  Any solutions?

Community Manager Don David
Community Manager

@James - Please submit a ticket to our Support Team and provide us the folder names that you wish to delete. 

0 Kudos
Gary Moonan
Resident

Local Cloud: My customers delete folders and files.  A few hours or day later these 'zombies' reappear.  The folders are empty, but persist no matter how many times they are deleted.  These are folders that they created, so it may not be a permissions issue, but a sync issue.  The delete is not recognized and the folder or file is 're-synced' and created as if it was missing and needed to be created or replaced.

0 Kudos
Community Manager Don David
Community Manager

Gary - The user may not have delete permission on the folder. You can verify the folder permissions by logging on to the web interface of the cloud file server. Local Cloud, although may allow deletes locally, will sync back the files down if delete permissions are not granted to the user. If the user has delete permissions on the folder, please submit a request and we will gladly look into the issue for you. 

0 Kudos
Robert Comley
Resident

Delete option is greyed out. Cannot delete uploaded files. Help please.

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting.  To delete files, you need to have owner permission to the folder those files are in. Here's an article that describes the permission types: https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/entries/21652247-assigning-folder-permissions

To delete subfolders, you will need to have owner permission to both the folder where the subfolder is as well as owner permission to the subfolder.

0 Kudos

i am admin but but dont get option delete folder. the select button is not selectable. pls advise how to delete folder?

thanks

Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chris34
Resident

Hi Chris,

Which folder are you attempting to delete? 

Certain folders in Egnyte cannot be deleted by an Admin, such as the "Shared" Folder as well as all root folders in the "Private" folder.  For example, if you want to delete a user's private folder (e.g. Private/jsmith), you would need to delete the user for the folder to be deleted.

Best,

Chris

0 Kudos