cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Egnyte abandoning the backup feature?

David Haddad
Resident

Is Egnyte abandoning the backup feature?

It's been well over a year since Egnyte launched the classic interface and it STILL doesn't allow an admin to monitor user backups, for that you have to switch back to the classic interface.  The same is true of some other features I believe, such as Google docs.  And if you look at the section on backups on Egnyte website, mention of client backups is now NOWHERE to be found, instead it just keeps referring to PLC as if that's "backup": https://www.egnyte.com/backup/file-backup.html

So is it on the way out?

Also, it's outright ridiculous that the new interface has been out for over a year and I still have to switch back to the old interface to get functionality like backups and google docs.  I love that you guys seem to develop rapidly, but hate it when new things keep being introduced without bringing back basic functionality that previously existed.

2 Replies

Re: Is Egnyte abandoning the backup feature?

I definitely like the back-up feature and use it actively. It is the major reason I'm still using the Classic View. Surely there must be a way to incorporate the My Backups in the new look?

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Re: Is Egnyte abandoning the backup feature?

Hi Luc,

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to incorporate the My Backups feature into the new look. I'll add you as a +1 for this though and share this with our product manager for the Web UI.

Can you provide some details on how you're using the My Backups feature today?

Thanks for posting on our forums and using Egnyte!

• Shyam
0 Kudos
Users online (337)
Top Solution Authors