Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Transfer Speeds

Highlighted
Ripcho Studio1
Resident

Maximum Transfer Speeds

Greetings All,

I've recently up as a monthly subscriber with plans on rolling out an electronic photo delivery system to about 200 clients.  My download speed is only 8 Mbps currently, with plans to upgrade to symmetrical 20Mbps fibre connection.

I'm assuming Egnyte can accept transfers at these speeds, but don't currently have anway to test.  Can anyone provide their maximum transfer speeds, both up and down?

Thanks!

4 Replies
Frank Hughes1
Resident

Re: Maximum Transfer Speeds

I have a 40Mbps sym fibre connection via Verizon FIOS.  When uploading a few GB, my upload speed seemed to be capped at 1.5Mbps.  While uploading, I was able to run a speed test at dslreport and speedtestio and they show about 10Mbps upload available.

We also asked our account rep about limiting the upload speed and we were told there is no limit. 

0 Kudos
Frank Hughes1
Resident

UPDATE:  I tested again by uploading a single, 8GB file to our account via the mapped drive.  The upload only took about 20min with an average speed of 11.5 MB/sec.  I'm happy with that speed!  :)

0 Kudos
Michael Gray1
Resident

Is there a way for performance numbers to be displayed during sync?  Is there a way to prioritize transfers - or even to select a file/folder and say "sync this one first".  Really would be helpful in diagnosing synchronization for new users.  Our transfer rates between us and Egnyte aren't as nice as yours (even with a dedicated connection).

0 Kudos
Mervin Carillo
Resident

We're at the same situation and we just want to ask how did you get your upload speed to 11.5 MB/sec?

0 Kudos