Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multipipe Sync Question

Jarrod
Vigilante

Multipipe Sync Question

Jump to solution

I saw an announcement for Storage Sync 11.3.1 for Netgear ReadyNAS devices.  It indicated that the upgrade has "Multipipe Sync" enabled by default.  I was hoping someone could explain what that term means specifically.  I was unable to find a specific discussion on the topic by searching the forum.

Respectfully

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Multipipe Sync Question

Jump to solution

Hello Jarrod,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Multi-pipe basically means having multiple threads which allows Storage Sync to upload data at larger volumes.

In the earlier versions this setting was not enabled by default. But with the release of 11.3.1, there is no manual intervention needed to enable this feature. 

I hope this answers your question. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Jarrod,

Thank you for reaching out to the community. 

Multi-pipe basically means having multiple threads which allows Storage Sync to upload data at larger volumes.

In the earlier versions this setting was not enabled by default. But with the release of 11.3.1, there is no manual intervention needed to enable this feature. 

I hope this answers your question. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

Jarrod
Vigilante

Jump to solution
I have no idea how it works, but it sounds like a benefit to have it operating. I'll get our IT contractor on the upgrade.
0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @Jarrod,

There is nothing you would see happening on the Storage Sync settings page. Everything happens in the background within the sync mechanism. Since the multifile concurrent requests will get bumped up, you would surely see that files start getting quicker to the cloud.

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Jarrod
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Thanks Sagar!  I have contacted our IT contractor and will have the upgrade our ReadyNAS to the latest version of Storage Connect.

0 Kudos