Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Local Clouds

Highlighted
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Re: Multiple Local Clouds

Jump to solution

Robin: Having spoken with a couple other people who've posted on this forum, I understand how this would be useful to you. I will let the execs know that we are getting more requests for this feature. Thanks for your feedback.

Scott: Let me follow up with the PM for Local Cloud to see what's possible.

• Trey
0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Scott,

I can confirm that it's not currently possible to install more than one OLC client on a single NAS box, but I will add your request for our roadmap discussions.

• Trey
0 Kudos
Sam Lazzara
Resident

Jump to solution

Hi Trey,

Thanks for considering this. I am not geeky enough to understand implications or even know the meaning of OLC and NAS...but is there any way to partition a hard drive and put a different PLC into each partition?  I work with Mac and PC (a couple of each).

Sounds like the only current solution for me is to use a separate computer for each unique domain I am mapping to a PLC.

No workarounds?

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Sam,

The difficulty with doing multiple clients on one machine stems more from coordinating traffic from the different clients than from assigning them to different partitions on the hard drive. For example, if we had more than one client on a device we would have to decide how to prioritize which one would receive sync updates first. The problem would be exacerbated if one or both clients were experiencing heavy sync traffic.

As you can see from the volume of posts on this thread, it's a popular request among our users. I will continue to keep you updated.

Thanks for your business and interest in the product roadmap,

Trey

0 Kudos
Robin Figg1
Resident

Jump to solution

Hi Tray

Maybe having the ability to have more than one account but only one is usable at any one time and whichever is chosen will sync. I bet most people like me who could do with this feature are not moving many files but would like to be able to see the cloud based files as a mounted volume.

Robin

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Robin,

Thanks for following the thread. I know it's a hot topic among some of our users who have multiple small businesses and want to use a separate PLC account for each one. The multi-client feature is something that we could build, but we have to balance the resources we invest there against other improvements that customers have asked for. 

Right now our focus is on making some significant under-the-hood improvements to our Local Cloud products that will make them faster, less prone to sync-errors and generally easier to use. You can follow the latest product developments on our helpdesk here.

Thanks for your patience,

Trey

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Trey

This is a request I also raised many months ago when we first started using Egnyte.  I am involved with 2 other companies using Egnyte and being able to synchronise both and move files readily between both would be a distinct advantage.  For my personal files I have decided the easiest solution is to use Dropbox to allow me to have both sets of files synchronised on my computer.  On a company basis we need to operate on a single platform but they are very distinct businesses and cannot operate on the same Egnyte account

Regards

Jeremy

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Jeremy,

Thanks for the product suggestion. Let me ask you this: would the feature still be helpful to you even if you needed to log-out of one account to view the synced content of the other? In other words, both PLC accounts would not be syncing at the same time.

• Trey
0 Kudos
Ivan Nix
Resident

Jump to solution

We have a manufacturing area that multi user will be using a single machine.  We need to have their credentials validate with egnye so they can access file using the PLC and the Z drive mapping.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Ivan,

I'll add your comment as a +1 for this feature. Thanks for choosing Egnyte.

• Trey
0 Kudos