cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple file download in public access

Multiple file download in public access

Is there a way to download multiple files at once in the public access mode. We find this to be the easiest interface for us to send file folders but we find it tedious to have to download each file individually.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Retired Employee Emily Ganz1
Retired Employee

Re: Multiple file download in public access

Hi Christian,

In order for a person to download multiple files at once, you need to make them a standard user. Then they can log on to your cloud file server via the web interface and select which files to download. Thank you and please let me know if you have any further questions or suggestions.

Best,

Emily

0 Kudos
Julian Hosp
Resident

For me this does not work... If a Standard user with Read-Only rights wants to download multiple files immediately, this does not work. Can this be fixed please asap?

Thank you

Julian

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

Hi Julian,

For clarification, a Standard User must access the web interface to download multiple files. Downloading for Standard Users through the web interface is identical to Power Users, and you can learn more about downloading here.  (note: multi-file download will launch the Java Applet).  If you send a folder link to a Standard User, the user will only be able to download one file at a time through the link regardless of whether they are a Standard User or not.  We have the enhancement on our roadmap to allow multi-file download from folder links.

If you find that Standard Users are still having issues downloading after logging into the web interface, you can also submit a helpdesk ticket.

Best, Chris

0 Kudos
Julian Hosp
Resident

When my Standard users do this, they always receive a ZIP file, but they cannot download the multiple files straight away...

0 Kudos
Chris34
Resident

Hi Julian, I understand what you mean and thanks for sharing.  For reference on the current system, files are automatically zipped when downloading more than 50 files or 50MB of data.  This feature is built to optimize the speed of file transfer.

0 Kudos
Atur Shabbas
Resident

Chris, I came across this after searching.  I'd like to add my thoughts.  First off there is no way to download multiple files as Public Access.  We need Public bulk downloading (without creating a Standard user).  Every time I recommend Egynte to partners I explain how good the product is.  However it always ends with a "but" about multiple files or 50MB of data limitation.  Another thing,  I understand that zipping the files and then allowing the person to download is too confusing.  I understand your idea, but its a bit disconnected for the average user.  I would prefer a constant downloading (even if throttled down a bit after 50MBs) because seeing the files download is what makes sense.  If you want to Force zipping, you should have a button that says "ZIP & Download" and show a zipping progress then proceed to download.  Not email the user or go back to the home screen and look through the notifications (and sometimes several minutes later).  Just my thoughts.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Hi Atur,

Thanks for taking the time to make a suggestion. We are working on a "bulk download" feature that will work for all users; this is something that we have received many requests for. I can report progress on the 50 MB zip-threshold: this is now 250 MB. 

Thanks for your business and for spreading the word about Egnyte!

Trey

0 Kudos