Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NAS File Structure Access

Highlighted

NAS File Structure Access

Jump to solution

Hello,

I work for a Managed Service Provider and have a client with an on-prem ReadyNAS unit. We have the admin password to the NAS, but it only allows us access to the NAS OS. We cannot access the file structure. Is this normal? I would think that we should be able to access it and do folder/file changes/moves/deletions directly, but we can't even see the structure. 

Thank you,

Alan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: NAS File Structure Access

Jump to solution

Hi @Alan Riedisser,

Thank you for writing to the community. 

The answer to your question is yes. You should be able to browse to the ELC share from the NAS admin page. This can be done from the Shares tab. Check the screenshot attached.

But one thing to note is that what ever changes you make via the admin console will not propagate to the cloud file server. The events are not captured because they are not made by a user who is mapped on the user mapping page of the Storage Sync application. 

I hope that helps and answers your questions. Feel free to write back if you have more questions on this.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
2 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @Alan Riedisser,

Thank you for writing to the community. 

The answer to your question is yes. You should be able to browse to the ELC share from the NAS admin page. This can be done from the Shares tab. Check the screenshot attached.

But one thing to note is that what ever changes you make via the admin console will not propagate to the cloud file server. The events are not captured because they are not made by a user who is mapped on the user mapping page of the Storage Sync application. 

I hope that helps and answers your questions. Feel free to write back if you have more questions on this.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

Jump to solution

Good morning Sagar,

Thank you for the reply and especially the point to note about the Cloud not picking up changes made when accessing file structrure in the manner.

I think that covers my questions.

Thank you,

Alan

0 Kudos