cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a pause feature on Desktop Syn

Highlighted

Need a pause feature on Desktop Syn

Jump to solution

There are many reasons that you may want to pause syncing of files- on hotspot and trying to save data, trying to download large files, etc. While I can shut down the sync app, that causes other problems (finder context menus don't work after restart), that's not the best way to do this kind of thing. Most other industry solutions have a pause sync feature.
Seem rather simple, and I see requests for the feature dating back 5 years. Please add this feature ASAP.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Sagar

Re: Need a pause feature on Desktop Syn

Jump to solution

Hi Gabriel,

I am not sure if you have read the reply from our Product team. 

We introduced the ability to stop and resume sync in the previous version of Desktop Sync (version 8.5). Any files that have already synchronized before the sync is stopped will have already uploaded/downloaded to and from the cloud so your sync progress of files up until that point is preserved. One resume, the sync will pick up any changes that have not fully synchronized.

Hope that helps. 

Regards

Sagar.

3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

We're introducing the ability to stop and resume sync in the next version of Desktop Sync (version 8.5) due to come out in mid-May. Any files that have already synchronized before the sync is stopped will have already uploaded/downloaded to and from the cloud so your sync progress of files up until that point is preserved. One resume, the sync will pick up any changes that have not fully synchronized.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Gabriel Mann
Resident

Jump to solution

Still looking for this solution...?

0 Kudos
Moderator Sagar

Jump to solution

Hi Gabriel,

I am not sure if you have read the reply from our Product team. 

We introduced the ability to stop and resume sync in the previous version of Desktop Sync (version 8.5). Any files that have already synchronized before the sync is stopped will have already uploaded/downloaded to and from the cloud so your sync progress of files up until that point is preserved. One resume, the sync will pick up any changes that have not fully synchronized.

Hope that helps. 

Regards

Sagar.