Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline Sync Easier Access

GregHilleren
Vigilante

Offline Sync Easier Access

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've recently updated from Desktop Sync to the Desktop App and was wondering if there was an easier way to access the offline version of the offline synced folders.  Currently, we have a third-party database program that can process and visualize the information stored on our cloud drive.  We have found that connecting that program to the Z: drive dramatically slows down the process but connecting that program to the offline synced version works perfectly.  With Desktop Sync the offline folder was stored right under the C: drive so it was easy to get the file location, but now it's tucked away in the AppData folder which I can get to but it takes more steps.  Is there a way to change the directory of the offline files so that referring to the folder location is less of a pain?

Greg

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Offline Sync Easier Access

Jump to solution

Hello @GregHilleren,

Thank you for writing to the community. The data marked for "Sync for offline access" is stored in the below path: 

%localappdata%\EgnyteDrive\offline

The location is predefined and cannot be changed as of now. However there is a workaround to this. From your explanation I can see that you use Windows. You can always pin the \offline folder to the quick access bar. This way you can avaoid browsing to the offline folder all the time you want to access your files.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
Moderator Nars_Support

Jump to solution

@ehamad macOS is a bit more complicated than the Windows [Offline Cache] folder.

Try:

/Users/<input_username>/Library/Application Support/Egnyte Connect/.Sync/<input_random_string_folder>

Although, if the goal is easier access to the Offline Folder as the title suggests, then the easiest way to achieve this is to simply add a Desktop App folder onto the Finder [Sidebar].

Regards,
Nars

Tags (1)
8 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @GregHilleren,

Thank you for writing to the community. The data marked for "Sync for offline access" is stored in the below path: 

%localappdata%\EgnyteDrive\offline

The location is predefined and cannot be changed as of now. However there is a workaround to this. From your explanation I can see that you use Windows. You can always pin the \offline folder to the quick access bar. This way you can avaoid browsing to the offline folder all the time you want to access your files.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
FrankN
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Any updates on the issue that the offline folder location cannot be changed? I would like to have all offline files on drive D (win10)

Frank.

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @FrankN,

Thank you for writing to us. 

This suggestion was already posted by one of our community members. Even though this feature is not yet available in the Desktop App (Egnyte Drive), our product team is assessing the use case and considering this feature.

You can vote for this idea here.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2nbox
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Where is ths offline location for macOS?

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Rahul
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

HI,

Please find the path location.

library-Application Support-EgnyteDrive

Highlighted
Employee ehamad
Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Rahul, 

My customer tested this path on her mac, and it wouldn't work.

Is there an alternative? 

0 Kudos
Moderator Nars_Support

Jump to solution

@ehamad macOS is a bit more complicated than the Windows [Offline Cache] folder.

Try:

/Users/<input_username>/Library/Application Support/Egnyte Connect/.Sync/<input_random_string_folder>

Although, if the goal is easier access to the Offline Folder as the title suggests, then the easiest way to achieve this is to simply add a Desktop App folder onto the Finder [Sidebar].

Regards,
Nars

Tags (1)
2nbox
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Thank you, Nars!

0 Kudos