cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook keeps asking for Egnyte credentials but Outlook isn't used with work email

Highlighted
jrb
Vigilante

Outlook keeps asking for Egnyte credentials but Outlook isn't used with work email

Hello -

Here's the background to my question: One of our employees uses her personal computer to work from home. We have set up Egnyte for Microsoft Office Desktop on her personal computer so she can access files and create/edit them in Word and Excel. Our organization’s email is on the Google platform.

She uses Microsoft Outlook for her personal email on her personal computer and it now keeps asking for her Egnyte credentials even though her work email is not in her Outlook. (Work email is on the Google platform accessed through Chrome.)

Her personal email should not be connected to Egnyte, but she can no longer use her personal email in Outlook unless she enters her Egnyte credentials (which she has not done nor does she want to do).

Here's my question: How can she use Egnyte on her personal computer to access and work on Word and Excel documents for work and keep her personal email in Outlook separate from work?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Moderator Nars_Support

Re: Outlook keeps asking for Egnyte credentials but Outlook isn't used with work email

Hi @jrb 

There seems to be an unexpected application or registry behavior taking place on the affected system. The best way to address this issue would be to contact our Support team at support@egnyte.com so we may observe the behavior over a live remote session.

Regards,
Nars

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jrb
Vigilante

Re: Outlook keeps asking for Egnyte credentials but Outlook isn't used with work email

Thank you. I'm waiting to hear from the employee when she can bring her computer in so I can schedule a time with support.

0 Kudos