cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passwords for links?

Chris Goering
Resident

Passwords for links?

Is it possible to add a "shared" password for a public link to a folder?  I don't want to have to create user accounts for all individuals who I'd like to share a folder with, but I would like to add a small level of security in saying that everybody accessing the link must know that particular password.

2 Replies
Chris34
Resident

Re: Passwords for links?

Thanks Chris for your inquiry.  At this point we require login to the system for password security.  We recommend using a standard account(s) for password-protected access to users outside the company, although I understand this may be challenging to setup for many users.  Some email clients (like Lotus Notes) allow you to paste folder links into an email, and that email cannot be forwarded by the receiver nor can content from the email be copy-pasted.  This provides a level of security that helps prevent the folder links from going to people who you did not send it to.

Best, Chris

0 Kudos
Brandon Deriso
Resident

Re: Passwords for links?

This a very important feature request for my organization as well. We have disabled the sharing of public links for HIPAA related security concerns; however users still having the ability to send public folder links seems to completely break the security.