cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Users

Mary Ellen Stot
Vigilante

Power Users

I have 3 people I have set up as a power user, only one can axcesse our files, they can only see their personal file. WHY?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Power Users

Hi @Mary Ellen Stot,

After a power user is created, the admin should assign permissions on the required folders so that the user can access them. 

When a power user is created, a private folder also gets created automatically. There is no permission assignment needed for the Private folder. However, for the users to see any content under Shared, they would need permissions from the administrator. Here is something that might help: -

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/229513087-Permissions-FAQs

You need to follow the steps in the very first article from the above link. I hope this helps. Please reply to this post if you need more assistance.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

@Mary Ellen Stot And to add to what Sagar mentioned, you might also want to check out Egnyte University where there's some great getting started courses for admins to ensure you are getting the structure set up properly from the get-go. Just click on "Training" in the header of this page or here.

Feel free to ask any other questions of the community once they arise. Thanks!

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
Mary Ellen Stot
Vigilante

Thanks this helped me with the step I didn’t understand

Mary Ellen

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Glad to know that Mary. Feel free to write to us if you need any assistance on any other Egnyte issues.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos