Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote management

Highlighted
David Rubino
Resident

Remote management

Would like the ability to control the configuration of a user's local cloud, such as selecting/deselecting which folders will synch, bandwidth, and frequency.  As a corporation, we don't sit too well with the idea that once something is set out in the wild, we lose control over how the product is used.

Labels (1)
8 Replies

Re: Remote management

Hi David - Thanks for your suggestion. Remote deployment and management  of Local Cloud is in our roadmap and we are targeting for sometime in 2H 2012.

Thanks,

sriram 

0 Kudos
Maciej Bukczyns
Vigilante

This is definitely a must-have for us too. Particularly if an employee is fired or laid off, it is important to be able to remotely wipe those files out of their cloud.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

It is a development priority for us Maciej. Thanks for your feedback.

Trey

0 Kudos
Scott Page1
Resident

We are looking forward to this as well.  We are in the process of setting up our first remote ReadyNAS. It will be a challenge to add new users or update the  ReadyNAS because we wont have anybody with an admin account at the remote site.  It would make it much simpler to be able to access this from the  Web interface.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hi Scott,

Sorry for the delayed response on this. I checked with our product manager for Local Cloud;  we are preparing a "remote wipe" feature that will allow you to delete any content located on a user's device. The "use case" you have described is a remote administration capability that we are exploring but won't have ready before remote wipe.

Thanks for your business and feedback.

Trey

0 Kudos
Daryl Sutor
Resident

We are having isolated user issues. Some users may not bring this to our attention in a timely fashion. We believe our company suffers as a whole when 1 users has issues with their connection or may be stressing our cloud with transfers that can take place during off peak hours. Our admins need to monitor   our cloud network activity to troubleshoot and pinpoint slowness issues to effectively evaluate our product and improve our company's infrastructure. We are  chasing our tails without these tools.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee

Hi Daryl,

We've got some remote management tools in the work for Local Cloud that I think could help you out here. In the meantime, could you email me with more details about the "isolated user issues" you are having? We might need to get a support ticket going for you. My email is thoward@egnyte.com

• Trey
0 Kudos
Daryl Sutor
Resident

These tools are a must for a medium size company with users connecting with issues and some walking away thinking that's just how it is. We need to monitor user throughput.  I have emailed you.

0 Kudos