cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renamed folder duplicated and all subfolders and files?

Elena Merino
Resident

Renamed folder duplicated and all subfolders and files?

I renamed a folder and it seems it duplicated the folder. Is that suppose to happen???

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Re: Renamed folder duplicated and all subfolders and files?

Hi Elena,

When you rename a folder, it shouldn't be duplicated — all of the content should appear under the new folder name.

It sounds like you're seeing something different. Can you file a ticket with customer support? They can work with you to figure out what's going on. Thanks!

Regards,
Shyam

0 Kudos
Sam Phillips
Vigilante

We experience the same. It seems to happen when a renaming of a folder/file is attemted when another user may be in the folder/file. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening instead of contacting everyone to make sure they are not in the folder/file?

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Rahul
Retired Employee

HI @Sam Phillips 

Would it be possible to let me know the Application through which the user is trying to rename a folder?

0 Kudos
Sam Phillips
Vigilante

Hi @Rahul,

The folder could be renamed using the web browser, Egnyte Connect, or Desktop Sync. Typically if another user is in the folder using Desktop Sync is when the issue comes up, which makes sense due to the nature of that application.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee Rahul
Retired Employee

Hi @Sam Phillips ,

Let me check out this on my end and keep you updated with my findings soon.

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Rahul
Retired Employee

@Sam Phillips  

I have performed tests and we could not see duplicated folders being created when the user is trying to rename a folder which is being already open either through Desktop Sync application and at the same time on the Cloud.

Is it possible to create a ticket at support@egnyte.com and set up a remote session to see if we can replicate the issue on your end?

0 Kudos