cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Monitor file and folder sizes

Report Monitor file and folder sizes

Jump to solution

Does anyone have any tricks for monitoring the sizes of folders within the Egnyte portal to determine where our data is being used?

I'm currently connecting a server to Egnyte via Egnyte Drive and then running TreeSize Professional on it, but it takes 3 days to run a scan because we have so much data and it's running across the internet. The "Folder Size Report" is so slow and buggy that it's unusable outside of a few edge cases, so I'm looking for something to help keep track of where our data is going on a day to day basis.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Report Monitor file and folder sizes

Jump to solution

Hello Chris,

Thank you for writing to us. Running folder size reports is the only way out using the Egnyte portal. Our engineering team was aware of this delay in the folder size report generation. We have fixed the reports this past weekend. 

I would suggest you to try running the report again and see how things work.

Thanks

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Chris,

Thank you for writing to us. Running folder size reports is the only way out using the Egnyte portal. Our engineering team was aware of this delay in the folder size report generation. We have fixed the reports this past weekend. 

I would suggest you to try running the report again and see how things work.

Thanks

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Michael Plant
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Hi Sagar

It does appear to have finally been fixed, but it's still next to useless in terms of being able to track and report against folder growth. Is there anything on the road map to do something to reporting that'll provide some insight into data consumption, growth, changes, age etc? 

Michael

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Michael,

That is a great point you made.

As of now, we do not have any reports to track this way you are looking at it. But, I sure can put this on the Product Management table and have them look at the feasibility of implementing it. 

Thanks

Sagar.

0 Kudos
Dave Nish
Steward

Jump to solution

Agree with the above, the reporting in this area is way behind what it should be. I also had to buy treesize pro to meet our reporting requirements due to the lack of product functionality.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee JulieMullins
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

@Michael Plant and @Dave Nish, I recommend submitting your report enhancement request to the Ideas section of the community. By doing that, you can specify exactly what you're looking for to our Products team and can track their status on it. 

Best,
- Julie

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos