Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: SFTP Server

Jump to solution

Hello,

Egnyte support FTPS (File Transfer Protocol over implicit TLS/SSL) and FTPES (File Transfer Protocol over explicit TLS/SSL). We do not currently support SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol). Please also note that we do not support the ASCII transfer mode; please use the binary mode instead.

Regards
Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

Egnyte support FTPS (File Transfer Protocol over implicit TLS/SSL) and FTPES (File Transfer Protocol over explicit TLS/SSL). We do not currently support SFTP (Secure File Transfer Protocol). Please also note that we do not support the ASCII transfer mode; please use the binary mode instead.

Regards
Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Jeff,

Thank you for your feedback. I will surely add you as a + 1 to this feature. By now you must be already aware that currently, we do not support SFTP. I will try to gather some more info to see if we have any plans for this in the near future. 

Thanks

Sagar.

0 Kudos
justin whedbee
Resident

Jump to solution

I would second the recommendation to add SFTP as a feature. 

0 Kudos
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Justin,

Thank you for your vote. Its a +1 to this feature request. There is still no information on this yet. Stay tuned. I will write back. 

Regards

Sagar.

0 Kudos
PGagne
Resident

Jump to solution

Good to know.  Can you tell me the typical download speeds would be?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @PGagne,

This would depend on your internet bandwidth which can vary depending on network conditions. There are no advertised download/uploads speeds by Egnyte. You can always get in touch with Egnyte Support team and work with them to setup the SFTP and also test the speeds. This should give you exact numbers and not just estimates. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos