Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMB setup for Xerox C70 network scanning

vz
Deputy

SMB setup for Xerox C70 network scanning

Jump to solution

Hi,

We recently signed up with Egnyte. I want to know how to setup our Xerox C70 to scan to network via SMB. We have an Egnyte storage sync server onsite. I already created a folder inside "Shared/Data/Scans" folder. As I understand the storage sync server have the shared - "192.168.xxx.xxx\elc" folder. Here's the File repository setup from our Xeroc C70 that I need to know:

Protocol: SMB

Hostname/IP Address & Port: 192.168.xxx.xxx (ip address of the storage sync server): Port: 139

Shared Name: elc

File Path: \Shared\Data\Scans

Login Credentials to Access the Destination: system    Login Name: egnyte username    Password: Egnyte user password

Please let me know if the settings are correct and if not, what are the correct settings?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
vz
Deputy

Re: SMB setup for Xerox C70 network scanning

Jump to solution

Ok. I just tried again the settings that i posted and it WORKED!!! :)

fatolepig
Deputy

Jump to solution

I found this out by finding this:  https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201638984-Third-Party-Apps-That-Can-Be-Used-With-Egnyt....

Look near the middle of the page at "Apps that connect via ftp".  There is one error though:  it shows '@' instead of '$' for the username.  It should be name$domain, as stated above.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
fatolepig
Deputy

Jump to solution

I have the same issue with a Xerox C505.  That printer doesn't support sftp, and the printer techs can't figure out how to ftp with TLS.  So, I'm hoping SMB is the solution.  I haven't played with it yet, but it appears you have without any luck.  Hopefully, the Egnyte folks will reply soon.

0 Kudos
Employee Archer Dyal
Employee

Jump to solution

Hi VZ,

I looked at your settings and they look good in my opinion. My personal experience with these kinds of situation is to sometimes try different permutation and combinations to make it work. The quickest way to make it work if we can jump on a call with you and look at the settings together. Once we make it work I can post the resolution on this post.

Can you please open a support case and post the ticket number here so I can assign the case to myself? 

0 Kudos
vz
Deputy

Jump to solution

Ok. I just tried again the settings that i posted and it WORKED!!! :)

Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @vz,

Thank you for the update. We are glad to know that the settings worked as expected.

@fatolepig, we are sorry you have not been able to get through with the FTP settings. However, just like  Archer mentioned in his reply to this post, most of the time these things work after trying different permutations and combinations with the configuration settings. If the Xerox folks were unable to get things working with SFTP, did you try normal FTP to see if it works ?

I did try to search Google to see if there have been any posts with a solution to this. Sadly I could not find any. However, if I find any, I will surely post the resolution here.

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
fatolepig
Deputy

Jump to solution

I was able to get it to work using non-secure ftp.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
vz
Deputy

Jump to solution

Hi fatolepig,

Can you share your settings? I want to check if I can use that as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos
fatolepig
Deputy

Jump to solution

Because the C505 doesn't support sftp nor ftp with tls, I had to login as administrator and checked the box for unsecure ftp under Configuration-->Applications.  Once I did that, the Egnyte ftp documentation worked for scan to cloud; i.e., server = ftp-domain.egnyte.com, port 21, username of name$domain, where domain is your Egnyte domain and name is your username.  Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
fatolepig
Deputy

Jump to solution

I found this out by finding this:  https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201638984-Third-Party-Apps-That-Can-Be-Used-With-Egnyt....

Look near the middle of the page at "Apps that connect via ftp".  There is one error though:  it shows '@' instead of '$' for the username.  It should be name$domain, as stated above.

0 Kudos
vz
Deputy

Jump to solution

Thank you for the quick reply! I will check it later!

0 Kudos