cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan to Folder issue

Highlighted
Resident

Scan to Folder issue

we seem to be having an ongoing issue being unable to scan to egnyte folder via ftp from a scanner that at one point was working. we were able to run a packet tracer and discover that egnyte refusing connection after a few seconds. Therefore dropping the connection and not able to successfully sending scan to folder. If there is anyone that can help shed some light on this would be very grate ful

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
Highlighted
Vigilante

Re: Scan to Folder issue

we are trying to set this up on our Printer, you stated that it was working before, how did you configure this to work the first time?  we are using a Ricoh Aficio MP C5501 printer.  Did you get this issue resolved?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vigilante

We have used FTP in the past for web cam time laps (1 per min.) picture transfers but at some point, with security changes in Egnyte there are a couple of references we had to look at for it to work properly again.

We have also used SMB to transfer from network Copiers with a "Scan to Folder" in Egnyte to a local VM Egnyte Storage Connect file server or NAS with Egnyte Storage Connect installed. This has its challenges as we have retired SMB v1 in our environment (for security reasons) and older Copiers don't support new SMB versions, so we are back looking at FTP to transfer, but these same older Copiers with "Scan to" features don't support secure FTP ... so it goes for now re-enabling v1 SMB until we find a solution.

We turned on secure FTP only in Egnyte, but older web cams and Copiers didn't support the protocols supported by Egnyte?

https://helpdesk.egnyte.com/hc/en-us/articles/201637864-FTP-Administrative-Controls

The global Egnyte site settings, logged in as Egnyte Admin, for FTP are in Settings \ Configuration \ Configuration Settings -> Applications - scroll down to FTP

I am not sure this will help but highlights some limitations to work around.

Stephen
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hello @Stephen Whiting,

Thank you. We appreciate your time and assistance in the community.

@Jlopez1,

If the setup does not work after following the links Stephen has mentioned, I would urge you to write to our support team to see if all settings from the Egnyte end are correct. Additionaly also check with the Printer support to see what all protocols are supported by this printer. 

Thanks.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Steward

I have the same issues from a brand new HP Pagewide 5000XL, and all of my HPT2500 Plotters.  Ticket 723726 is opened but I'm not getting anywhere with it.

I can't it to connect to the local ELC share via CIFS or FTP  This feels like something that should just work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hello @Andy Hipple1,

I see that our support technician clarified that the FTP will work for your domain, but not the Storage Sync. I think you can give it one try by performing a remote session with the engineer and see if trying out a few combinations on the HP interface helps. 

Thank. 

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Steward

I would gladly if someone could reach out.  I have had this ticket open since Monday.  I did try the FTP directly to the domain this morning.  There doesn't seem to be a browse to insert an image option or I would share the screenshot here.  As you also saw in the ticket it looks like others are reporting this same issue over on spiceworks.  I cannot get the scans to work from my Toshiba copiers either.  The HP Plotters are more of an issue since the scans are so large email, isn't practical.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hello @Andy Hipple1,

I see that you already had a word with our level 2 engineer. Currently the case is being looked into by one of our support manager. I hope there will be some result out of this.

Thanks for contacting Egnyte support.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Steward

Agree.  I did talk with a Level 2.  However, the issue is an incompatible with the methods HP provides (and Toshiba) and I expect others use to send files to a networked folder and what Egnyte supports.  I would make the point that if the solution you are offering doesn't work with that the customers have......your solution needs to adapt.  I wasn't able to find a formal method for requesting product enhancements, but if you could include Adding Active FTP, and CIFS as options for adding files to storage sync it would go along way towards making interfacing our copiers and plotters with your file shares.  As it is now, I need to setup a "fake" share on a computer, then setup desktop sync to force files from the copiers back into Storage Sync.  It's an OK work-around, and just another service to monitor...not to mention the lag that will occur when people at the remote offices scan, then have to wait for the upload and re-download.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

@Andy Hipple1,

Thank you for writing back. I understand the problem you are facing and will make sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant parties at Egnyte. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos