Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set an FTP Home Directory to a user

Highlighted
Resident

Set an FTP Home Directory to a user

Jump to solution

I would like to see a way (by default) to set a home directory to a user (standard or power user).  This would allow them, at the very least, to be able to log directly into their ftp folders.  Therefore avoiding the necessity to add a default remote directory on the users ftp client.  It also avoids telling the user to drill down to their folder each time to upload and download folders.  This is a real pain when dealing with clients and can be addressed on your end.  Filezilla, has the ability to do this in their ftp server, if you need to use that as a reference.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Set an FTP Home Directory to a user

Jump to solution

Hi Pawel,

As far as I know, there is no such feature on Egnyte as of now. Filezilla bookmark functionality certainly helps. However, could you please elaborate this a bit more on what feature are you looking at specifically ? 

Regards

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Resident

Jump to solution

No answers on this? I also need this as a feature, and it's pretty much a standard ftp server functionality.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I also need this as a feature

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Pawel,

As far as I know, there is no such feature on Egnyte as of now. Filezilla bookmark functionality certainly helps. However, could you please elaborate this a bit more on what feature are you looking at specifically ? 

Regards

Sagar.

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."

View solution in original post

0 Kudos