Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort search results

Eyotreasurer
Resident

Sort search results

Jump to solution

Hi, I'd like to suggest a new feature - the ability to sort search results...by name, date, type...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sort search results

Jump to solution

Hi,

The new Collaborative UI has the ability to sort files and folders by date.  Please click on the arrow next to Date modified to sort by ascending or descending date.  If a filename is too long to be displayed in the default panel view, you have two options.  Either hover over the entry and read the tooltip that will display the full name.  Otherwise, please reduce the size of the activity stream or file explorer panels.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies
Retired Employee Emily Ganz1
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. However, at the moment we are not looking into adding this feature.

Best,

Emily

0 Kudos
George Roukas
Resident

Jump to solution

Really?  You have these big file storage products and you allow us to search for documents but...then there's no way to sort the results?  I just did a query that brought back over 400 results.  Now I have to go through all of them to find the document I want?

This is such a simple and obvious feature I'm not sure I even know how to react. It should have been in the 1.0 version!

Retired Employee Trey Howard1
Retired Employee

Jump to solution

Hi George,

I can see how that would be frustrating. Right now, we don't have any immediate plans to upgrade the search feature. I would recommend trying to add more terms to your search query to yield a narrower range of results.

Let me ask you this: when you search for files, and get a large number of results back, how would you want to be able to narrow the results down? For example, would you want to be able to sort by date created or author?

Thanks for your business,

Trey

0 Kudos
David Jaeger1
Resident

Jump to solution

I'd like this feature as well.

Philipp Gruner
Resident

Jump to solution

I know this is an old topic but I am experiencing it now as well. To answer the question how sorting could simplify things; I could sort it based on the the date. My company has thousands of quotes we generate and sometimes several dozen for the same project. Sorting would allow me to find the latest one quickly.

John Cameron4
Resident

Jump to solution

How is this not already implemented?!? I'm searching for part of a filename and need to know the latest revision. No sort by date? How are the results even sorted? Incredibly frustrating this isn't an option.

Jon Aldwinckle
Resident

Jump to solution

Please add this ability to sort results particularly by date.  Please also enable layout changes in the search results e.g. change the width of the filename column.

Jump to solution

Hi,

The new Collaborative UI has the ability to sort files and folders by date.  Please click on the arrow next to Date modified to sort by ascending or descending date.  If a filename is too long to be displayed in the default panel view, you have two options.  Either hover over the entry and read the tooltip that will display the full name.  Otherwise, please reduce the size of the activity stream or file explorer panels.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Jon Aldwinckle
Resident

Jump to solution

Hello Cara,  How do I access this collaborative UI?  I can sort normal folder contents by date, but I still cannot sort search results by date.

Thanks for your assistance.

Jon