cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Sync - Static IP address

Highlighted

Storage Sync - Static IP address

I am deploying Storage Sync 11 on VMWare. No DHCP enabled on the VLAN. How do I configure the VM for a static IP address. 

From your Storage Sync for VMware Product Guidev11.pdf, page 8, it says. "If your host network does not have DHCP enabled, the VM may fail to get an IP address dynamically. In this case, you will need to assign it a static IP address."

Page 30:  Login to the VM with egnyteservice and its credentials egnyteelc ii. Access the menu by entering the config command i.e. > config

When I type config, it returns command not found!!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Re: Storage Sync - Static IP address

Hi Omar,

I see you had connected with support via a support ticket and one of our technicians had called in to fix the issue. Are you still seeing problems after the Static IP was set and the network was restarted? 

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Please post the actual solution to this for other users.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hello All,

Here are the steps to assign a static IP address for you Storage Sync VM.

If DHCP is not enabled, login to the console and set the network settings including static IP via the egnyteservice config menu.

1. Login to the VM with username - egnyteservice and its pasword - egnyteelc
    2. Access the menu by entering the config command - i.e. > sudo config_network. If you are prompted for a password, please enter - egnyteelc and proceed.
    3. The next steps are assigning IP, Netmask & Gateway.
    4. Once the network si configured, you will see a confirmation message. Restart the network using command > sudo systemctl restart network.

This should be it. Once the network restarts, you will be able to access the settings page via the Static IP that you have set using the above steps.

I hope this helps. 

Thanks

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."