Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Sync from VMware or netgear scenario

Ummar Bhat1
Resident

Storage Sync from VMware or netgear scenario

Jump to solution

Lets see who can answer this

I have a Netapp acting as a NAS and have already shared and mapped drives to about 100 users across the office, now my office wants to access this data on the cloud as well, so i turned to egnyte, after researching i found out the storage sync is actually a VM or can be deployed as an APP in Netgear, so my issue is that I have to first move data to a staging area like a VM or netgear and then push it across to egnyte and to push data to VM or netgear I  have to deploy an additional server as my data is about 10TB so two staging areas.does it make sense at all????

Im now scratching my head and trying to look for a solution on how to work this out

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Storage Sync from VMware or netgear scenario

Jump to solution

Hi Ummar,

Storage Sync can be deployed either as a VM or on a NETGEAR device. You do not require 2 staging areas to migrate data to Storage Sync. Instead, you can deploy the Storage Sync VM and provision a few TB's of disk space from the NetApp volume (iSCSI). Start migrating the data piece-meal from the NetApp to the Storage Sync VM, thereby freeing up space on your NetApp. Once you have freed up the storage space from production, you can repurpose this storage for the VM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: Storage Sync from VMware or netgear scenario

Jump to solution

Hi Ummar,

Storage Sync can be deployed either as a VM or on a NETGEAR device. You do not require 2 staging areas to migrate data to Storage Sync. Instead, you can deploy the Storage Sync VM and provision a few TB's of disk space from the NetApp volume (iSCSI). Start migrating the data piece-meal from the NetApp to the Storage Sync VM, thereby freeing up space on your NetApp. Once you have freed up the storage space from production, you can repurpose this storage for the VM.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Users online (175)
Top Solution Authors