cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync issues with Desktop Sync on 2 machines with admin rights

Sync issues with Desktop Sync on 2 machines with admin rights

I have desktop sync installed on my primary machine and a secondary machine, but I had the system configured so that users could not download the desktop sync client, but I still could with admin rights.  I had issues from machine to machine where one machine would not pull down all of the folders (admin permissions on this account) from the Egnyte Cloud.  There was one folder in particular I could not get to show up one one machine, and I went through all of the settings including (sync local folders) and made sure all was configured correctly.

Has anyone had similar issues with their admin account?

I did get it resolved by uninstalling and re installing, but changing preferences to ALLOWS users to download the desktop sync client, then re-adding the security feature after my two machines had mirror files

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Retired Employee Shyam Srinivasa
Retired Employee

Re: Sync issues with Desktop Sync on 2 machines with admin rights

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your question. From what you've described, I don't think this should be causing any issues for your Desktop Sync.

It sounds like you went through the Settings page for the Desktop Sync pretty thoroughly, but I want to clarify on one point. To customize which folders are syncing locally to your computer, you'll need to go to the "Configure Folders" tab of the Settings page (see below). This is currently the only place where you can choose which folders are being synced to your computer.

Note that folders which are grayed out are not being synced to your computer. Folders that are fully yellow will sync all contents, and folders that are half yellow will sync only the subfolders you have chosen.

I hope this explanation helps. If you continue to have trouble with your Desktop Sync, please contact customer support and we will reach out to assist you. Thanks!

• Shyam
0 Kudos