Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging?

Highlighted
Robert Ellis
Resident

Tagging?

Jump to solution

I have seen that you can 'Tag' files, effectively being able to provide a category that they fall into.  I have also seen that you can view what tags have been used by going to the Tags bar on the left side pane. 

The problem is that once you click a tag, no result show up.  I have multiple documents that I have tagged yet none of them show up when I click on their tags. 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Retired Employee Sagar
Retired Employee

Re: Tagging?

Jump to solution

Hello,

Thanks for writing to us. We don't currently have an alternative for tagging, but we have made some improvements to search over the last few months. For example, did you know you can search for a specific folder or restrict your search to files within your current folder?

We have also introduced a new feature which will allow you to add custom metadata properties to your files. As part of that, you will be able to search on any metadata values.

However, if you are interested in using tagging, here's a workaround that might help. First, switch back to the classic view. Add any tags you want to your files and then switch back to the New Look. While you won't see those tags in the New Look, our search will actually pick them up. Hope this helps.

I will also write to my product team and check to see if there have been any concrete plans to bring in tagging back to the UI.

Thanks

Sagar

PS. Help others find answers by selecting "Accept as Solution" if a post answers your question."
0 Kudos
33 Replies
Colin Wallace
Resident

Jump to solution

I have built my entire document management process around using "Tags" to label and organize my files and I am having the same issue.  I have made dozens of phone calls and email attempting to get an answer to this issue and so far no luck.  I would have hoped an issue identified going on 3 months ago would have been fixed.  I guess not. 

0 Kudos
Bryan Davidson
Resident

Jump to solution

Yes - I need tags to work in order to group files for download - but when I tag items - nothing shows up in the tag?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Has anyone heard back from egnyte support on this yet? Seems to be a common problem for several users... 

0 Kudos
Colin Wallace
Resident

Jump to solution

I my case, there has been very little communication from Egnyte.  It is clear to me they have no interest in solving the problem or they have no idea how to solve the problem.  The most frustrating thing is no at Egnyte will not tell me which one it is. 

0 Kudos
Employee rajesh ram
Employee

Jump to solution

Folks - Apologies for the delay in responding.  Our team is now looking into the bugs with the tagging functions. I will communicate back with status and timelines once we have made more progress internally. Once again, apologize for the delay in addressing this. thx,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thanks Rajesh.  Might be me since I'm new, but I can't remove tags from a document at all, nor remove a tag from the menu of tags once created.

0 Kudos
Bryan Davidson
Resident

Jump to solution

I am unable to add tags at all - we look forward to having this feature. I do see though that the search is now working - thanks!

0 Kudos
Mike Vernon
Resident

Jump to solution

Has this issue been resolved for anyone yet?  It is still a problem for me too.

0 Kudos
Charlie Rocking
Vigilante

Jump to solution

Looking forward to Tags functionality returning to Egnyte!

0 Kudos